DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow RamFormz Members

I am new to this forum.

I have been looking to get an upgraded exhaust system. I recently purchased the Gibson Metal Mulisha Single Cat Back system. It sounded amazing when you weren't in the cab. But driving down the road you couldn't hear yourself think. I am sending it back to hopefully get a refund.

I am looking for exhaust ideas. I want an exhaust system that sounds good to people outside but I don't want it to be loud in the cab for me while driving.

Forgot to mention I have the factory single exit exhaust. Don't have the dual exit system. So I would like to keep it the single exit.

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have heard good things about the Carven Progressive in comparison to what you are looking for. I have the Carven Competitor and it is quite loud in and out but I do love the crap out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a single in kit form but do carry the mufflers used in the kits. I think they are 90 and 100 bucks too and then you would have to factor in getting it welded in line.
I just looked at the Carven TR muffler it does sound really good. Think that is what a may be looking for. Definitely going to keep that in mind now. Thank you.

We will see what other options the members give me.

·
Super Moderator
34,384 Posts
Hello Fellow RamFormz Members

I am new to this forum.

I have been looking to get an upgraded exhaust system. I recently purchased the Gibson Metal Mulisha Single Cat Back system. It sounded amazing when you weren't in the cab. But driving down the road you couldn't hear yourself think. I am sending it back to hopefully get a refund.

I am looking for exhaust ideas. I want an exhaust system that sounds good to people outside but I don't want it to be loud in the cab for me while driving.

Forgot to mention I have the factory single exit exhaust. Don't have the dual exit system. So I would like to keep it the single exit.

Thanks
That's called drone. If you don't want drone get a Corsa

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the Carven Progressive on my Ram but yiu can buy the Carven TR which is just the muffler and get it welded in place to keep the single exit. Carven mufflers do drone, although I personally don't care because the system sounds great. I like hearing my exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did a Flow master 50HD on my 2016 with a 6.4. Sounds great for what I wanted. Left the resonator on. Drone? yes a bit when the mds kicks in but not that bad. with the radio on its barely noticeable. Very happy with the 50HD. Now it sounds like a truck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a replacement Magnaflow muffler on my 17 Ram1500 Hemi Sport. Reasonable cost and sounds great, my muffler guy said since it's just a muffler replacement and the pipes remain stock it preserves the back pressure needed to maintain HP & more importantly torq.
May be different opinions out there but worked great for my daily driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts