DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted since I had my 2012 Big Horn. I've had my 2017 4x4 Pentastar v6 for a few years or so now and I'm still irritated that I don't have Android Auto with it. Honestly, I think that may be my only real gripe so far. I bought it new, expecting AA would be in the system, but it is not. Additionally, I don't have navigation without having to pay for it. That's also a downer, except I rarely used it as it was.

Anyways, I hit up crutchfield and they quoted me a Kenwood system that is suddenly "discontinued", two days after getting the cart the rep sent me. The biggest issue with that is that the deck they quoted me was about $500 clams. The total was nearly $2,000. That's an insane adjustment.

What I'm wondering is if someone has upgraded their similar systems and kept all of their hard button/knob functions and steering wheel controls? I would also like to (if possible) keep most of what the 8.4AN system does for my truck. Seat and steering wheel warmers, HVAC, headlight and remote function, etc were able to be adjusted from the system. Does anyone know what systems provide this?

Alternatively, has anyone replaced their system with the one that's a gian tablet on the 2019/20 trucks?

Lastly, what screen mirroring or adding AA to thiers?

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do some searching. People have bought the newer 8.4 radios that have carplay/android auto. There are tons of info and write ups on this. This company has been mentioned a lot for the factory radios. Infotainment.com
Thanks. I tried to search the forum, but, the results are too inconsistent. I was thinking of the updated model, but, would like to avoid the $1k. I have also read from other sources that the updated model upgrade does not fully jive...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts