Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Your Choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have been doing some serious thinking about upgrading my interior, let me explain. I have a 2016 Ram 2500 SLT and the trim inside is a slight step up from my 2013 Ram 1500 Express minus the 7 inch EVIC which I really miss having. The exterior is silver and interior is mixture of grey and black. It is a crew cab. I have a good relationship with my service/parts guy at the dealer and he has gone above and beyond to find what I am looking for. My goal is to do a complete cosmetic change. I have ordered the leather wrapped pillars for both front and back, from the Limited Edition Ram style. Next will be the leather dash with stiching also from the Limited Ram, the door panels are a bit pricey so I'm not sure. Just don't think it would look right with the plain ones. The reason some of you may ask why didn't I just buy a Laramie or Limited in the first place. Well simple. I didn't have $80,000 to get one. :LOL: This is a work truck I am a Hot Shot Auto Hauler and in the truck 11 hours a day I want to be comfortable. So has anyone taken on such a task and if so how did it go and were you pleased with it?

Thanks Guys I look forward to reading your comments. Stay Safe and God Bless

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a black/black 2014 CC Laramie and changed a few things from grey to black. All the pillars, sun visors, dome lamps and an alcantara headliner. Looks sweet in my opinion. I don't have any pics to post but will see what I can do tomorrow when it's light out if you would like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't been able to locate any I was quoted $139 per pillar by dealer for front and $159 per pillar for rear I also wanted to get the dash upgrade with leather so he told me I could get a slight discount since it would be a hefty order. Not crazy about the word hefty

·
Registered
195 Posts
is it expensive to buy the door pillars? can you buy them from aftermarket dealers instead of buying them thru chrysler?
I could only find the LKQ and since I was stepping up the entire interior I decided to buy new. The leather wrapped were a bit steep per each but since I plan on keeping the truck I went all out. Just a step up and adds a touch more of premium finish IMO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just realized this is a polling thread, sorry about that.
Find a late model vehicle on eBay or AutoTrader that has the items you desire and that you can scavenge the VIN from. Contact Benny, Mopar Parts Online, a staple here on the Z and you will get you some of the best prices on replacement parts and such. My local guy and I horse trade some so my pricing is great and I gladly pay a bit more for the service he provides.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't agree more. My model is an SLT but it's all grey and black I think small things like the pillars and dash can make the difference. I'm looking forward to posting pics during the project to get some thoughts opinions and more ideas from all you guys.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Quick pic I took last night. Tried some during the day but with the FL sun it made the inside look like a dark cave and difficult to make out the changes. This should give you an Idea of what it'll look like.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts