DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hearing a speaking noise from the front right tire. I took it too the dodge dealership in Lubbock . Over a week later I got the truck back and it was merely the upper and lower ball joints.i paid the bill of 1688.87 yes . 1200 for labor and the rest for parts. My truck was there over a week. My question is shouldn't the front end be realigned after replacing ball joints? Now I have a bald front left tire over a period of one week and replaced it. Got it realigned and it works great. Is there a number I can call to at least report this gross negligence on the part of the dealership.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Your truck talks!!!!! I mean if it was speaking to you it should have said something. LMAO
Why did you think you need to get an alignment after ball joint replacement? It doesn't change your suspension angles. My guess is you have/had a shifted belt in you tire and caused the bald spot or you are running way over inflated. I doubt it would be gross neg. on the dealership if you approved the repair before the work was done. It is a time consuming job to remove the ball joints. As for the warranty part you maybe out of the mileage for it, and extended warranties do not cover wear/tear parts like tie rods and ball joint but it depends on the coverage and policy holder of the extended warranty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts