DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have broken my upper arm and pinion see photo attached. for the 2nd time. I drive in dry creek beds sometimes going over large rocks which is bending the suspension of course. I have been told Rams are not good or meant for this and its why I keep breaking it.

What do you suggest? Upgrade to offroad arms? Do I need to upgrade both the upper and lower if so? This gets expensive and also I dont have easy access to aftermarket parts here in the gulf of arabia. That is a problem. But I dont want to keep putting on stock ram arms and having them break.

Also I'm not sure what it's called but the bushing keeps wearing out on the support arm and it also doesnt very strong so wondered what guys are doing and if you can buy stonger rods or stronger bushings. See attachment.

Any suggestions and where to buy that ships overseas would be a great help.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
the second pic shows the "front sway bar link"...

if you're doing serious off-roading then this part WILL be getting a workout.

if you're doing *primarily* off roading with this truck you may want to delete the front sway bar,
since it will tend to limit wheel travel/articulation.

I'll let other members with off-road experience jump in here.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
I never could understand why the put that beefy LCA on and stuck that POS UCA on there. Yes, an off road UCA will cure your problem. There are lots of them out there that will work great. It just depends on what you're willing to spend. No need to change the LCA.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
H2oman, Can you recommend some places I can order the Upper Control Arm? And in regards to what Hemi HFE said, What about taking off the front sway link? I am not familiar with having heard that. So is it the sway bar I delete, meaning remove I guess, or do I remove the sway bar link and sway bar or what?

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,594 Posts
Mevotechs are forged steel and cheaper than a single OEM(for both) with greaseable ball joint. Your ball joint backed right out of the stamped OEM because of lack of press fit strength from material thickness. It’s enduring an extreme impact if you’ve done it twice now, but more tire sidewall and lowering air pressure will help reduce shock forces in the future. Have you needed wheel bearings or any other front end components for your 13 yet?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mevotechs are forged steel and cheaper than a single OEM(for both) with greaseable ball joint. Your ball joint backed right out of the stamped OEM because of lack of press fit strength from material thickness. It’s enduring an extreme impact if you’ve done it twice now, but more tire sidewall and lowering air pressure will help reduce shock forces in the future. Have you needed wheel bearings or any other front end components for your 13 yet?
I have only had to replace the bushings on the sway bar arm. No bearings yet. How about you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts