DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman Quad Cab 4x4
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought used upper glove box for my 2019 Classic, DS Gen 4….It came out of a wrecked 2012 Long Horn. I got it on Ebay, delivered to house $64.14…..Vinyl was deep chocolate as well as all the plastic….I needed DX9 Interior black…I cleaned everything in warm soapy water….Removed the vinyl cover plate (8 screws), roughed up the vinyl surface using a fine sandpaper (do lightly) and then with a green scotch brite pad….Final wipe down with rubbing alcohol….Painted everything with Krylon, Fusion, flat black…The closest you’ll ever get to DX9 interior black….Waited a couple of days for paint to cure, installed and looks like it came with the truck from factory….The door had 5 mount holes in it from where I think a name plate was installed, put tack pins in it, looks good to me…..Good box kit on the cheap if you don’t mind doing a little work…
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
465 Posts
Very nice! I’ve wanted to get one for my ‘12 SLT.

what all is included and involved with putting it in place?

·
Registered
14 Ram Express
231 Posts
The chocolate brown ones are all over the place on eBay for alot cheaper...

Diesel Gray is the $300.00 one everyone usually looks for.

Looks good!! No idea why Ram ever figured to put just an open useless cubby in some.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I lucked out, mine came with door latch and light assembly, each can be bought on ebay....If you get one ask the individual for latch, and light with the kit....Buy the way the wire harness for light is already in truck, just have to find it and plug it in....you get what is called the kit, normally the door and box....You tube has a couple of excellent DIY's for removal of cubby and install of upper glove box...You don't need the latch hardware as it is installed already under existing cubby...I did need the 4 mount screws for new install, they had them at Lowe's....All in all took me about 20 minutes from start to finish on intall....

·
Registered
14 Ram Express
231 Posts

The door, the plastic cubby, a striker piece, and some screws.

Basically you remove the bottom glovebox and have access to some bolts for the open cubby and can pop it out. Plenty of YouTube vids.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
465 Posts
…All in all took me about 20 minutes from start to finish on intall....
Wow! I found a yard that was parting out a truck and he ended up saying he never had any luck removing them without breaking it and being unusable. Thought maybe it was crazy difficult to deal with. I’ll look around again to find one.

So far looks like $125 and up on my ebay search

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! I found a yard that was parting out a truck and he ended up saying he never had any luck removing them without breaking it and being unusable. Thought maybe it was crazy difficult to deal with. I’ll look around again to find one.

So far looks like $125 and up on my ebay search
Check out the DIY on youtube, you won't believe how easy it is !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts