DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the chrome around the Laramie Limited's taillight on some colors, like black, because of the contrast.

I have a 2016 Big Horn 1500.

I looked for an add-on trim product that that would give that same look but couldn't find one. I looked at aftermarket tail light assemblies but they all look to "custom".

Couldn't I replace my taillight assembly with the Laramie Limited's taillight? Physically it appears as though it would fit. But then I would have to account for the change from incandescent bulbs to to LED by adding some kind of resistor or wiring change? I'm guessing there is no plug and play adapter for this because my request is so far off the beaten path...?

If I could find a trim piece/cover that fits over the edges of the light, that would be sooooo much simpler (and doable).

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
It would be nice if it is a easy swap.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It is possible. JJ @ Retroshop makes a plug and play adapter harness I believe. The Limited's taillights supposedly plug in the same way any Laramie or higher trim level LED taillight does.

EDIT: If you go that route, make sure and get the dual resistor 2013+ model unit for the extra $10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts