DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 ram 2500 heavy duty with a hemi. I'm planning a trip to South Dakota and Wyoming and I'll be pulling a travel trailer. With all cargo and trailer it'll be about 8500 lbs. My question is would a Edge programmer help. I don't want to buy just a toy. If it helps pulling in the hills and would help with prolonging the drive train I can see the money we'll spent.
If anyone could help with this topic I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
IMHO if you are towing then reliability under load should be prioritized over max output so I would not use a tuner

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Bully Dog has a nice programmer, I have had two Bully Dog programmers in the past one for my 5.9 Cummins that turned that engine into a monster and even had a program that they out right warned you if you used it with a stock transmission you would be buying a new transmission it put out so much power.

I also had one for my 2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi and it was a nice programmer.

I see the current Bully Dog programmers are really full featured now, here is a link:

https://www.bullydog.com/products/b...MakeId=4&vehicleModelId=52&vehicleEngineId=32

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank for the input. Thunderhorse I'll take your word for it. Sounds like you know what your talking about. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
Thank for the input. Thunderhorse I'll take your word for it. Sounds like you know what your talking about. Thanks.
Plenty of others may disagree FWIW. Just my opinion:smileup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts