DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 ram 2500 with the 5.7 HEMI. I am running 37x13.5 R17's on it and my speedo according to 1010tires.com is off almost 22%. The rig was in the shop the other day and I asked them to calibrate the speedometer for the larger tires. In the end they said they could not because the largest tire size they could input was 32's. I have heard talk about being able to enter the Revolutions Per Mile instead of an actual tire size. Has anyone run into this problem or know for sure how I can solve this. I would think that the dealership would know what they are talking about but the answer they gave me didn't seem right in this case. I am interested in buying a tuner for my truck and am also wondering if anyone knows for sure what brands (if any) will allow me to recalibrate the speedometer with rpm instead of inputting tire size.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
both the superchips and diablo will let you adjust for tire size with no problems at all. I am sure that the hypertech and bully dog will as well but since I have never installed either of those i can't say for sure.
I could be mistaken but I think that you can program upto like a 42" tire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts