DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for those of you who haven't seen my posts I'm a bit of a throwback. Growing up in the 80s and 90s I have a "thing" for rollbars and big lights. A year ago I got a rollbar and put it on my 08 ram...then a month later I pulled it off and put it on my new power wagon. I configured the 5 HID lights onto 3 switches. The outside lights (flood lights) are on one switch, the next set of outside lights (spot lights) are on one switch, and the middle light is on its own switch so I can use all three spots, 1 spots, or two spots, or 2 flood on spot.

I've used them pretty regularly. We have a little pay pond and I use them every night when I go up there to make sure we don't have any trespassers. I've also used them to do farm work here and there. The spots become extra handy because they don't light up the air around you, they go way out so you can light up something a few hundred yards away.

Tonight I used the floods when I went to the intersection by my house a kid who had turned the car too early into our ditch. Lit those suckers up and he was able to crawl around in or around the car and see perfectly. I was thanked and then I headed home.

Anyhow, just an anecdote from an old guy isn't a big fan of the light "bars" because they aren't as useful to me.

Luke

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm with ya on this one, Luke. I use mine all the time for little jobs like that plus 2-lane back roads at night when the deer are out. They are a LOT easier to see!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures please
Sorry for the long wait, work and family have been wild lately. I can't get a good pic of using them at night, but here's the equipment when I was pulling out a tractor a few weeks ago.

Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts