DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can someone help me out with my antifreeze, i just had a new 4.7 installed in my 03 ram 1500, i had it installed at a toyota dealer because my son works there an i got one heck of a deal, here is my question, they used a toyota coolant that is pink in color like the HOAT antifreeze that dodge uses, here is whats in the coolant,, :4-dontknow:

• Factory-filled pink fluid specially formulated by Toyota for Toyota vehicles
  • 50/50 Pre-Diluted formula does NOT require the addition of water
  • New generation ethylene-glycol based premium engine antifreeze/coolant that offers excellent corrosion protection
  • Contains water, ethylene glycol, diethylene glycol, sebacic acid, & potassium hydroxide
  • Protects from -34ºF to 265ºF (using a 15 lb. psi pressure cap)
  • Meets all Toyota warranty requirements & ASTM Specs

THE DODGE ANTIFREEZE,!!!!
Ethylene Glycol-based engine coolant with long life corrosion inhibitors ( called HOAT, for Hybrid Organic Additive Technology ),

IS THE TOYOTA ANTIFREEZE THE EQUIVALENT COOLANT THEY SAY YOU CAN USE,??????

THANKS
MARK :smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WoW, i only have about 3000 miles on the new motor, i think i am going green tomorrow, i heard about the gasket thing with the GM DEX-COOL but i thought the dexcool was orange not pink,, i hope i don't void my warrenty by going green,,

thanks for the info
I have a personal thought about the pink anti freeze

It is in my 2009 Ram

I had a 1999 Chevy 1/2 ton & someone put the pink coolant in it, because the block & heads were cast iron & intake manifold was aluminum , the pink stuff ATE the gaskets, i replaced the gaskets & went back to the GREEN anti freeze
I have a friend in the boat industry, they drain the pink anti freeze as soon as they get the boat & exchange it with GREEN

You can check online & see what people are saying about the pink crap

DEXCOOL is the pink stuff, it was made for GM vehicles & there are several complaints & Law Suits, now all vehicle makers are using it

If i didn't have a lifetime drive train warranty, i would have the green stuff in my radiator right now

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
after reading all about the dues and don'ts i am really thinking of going back to the green coolant, i would think i would need to run distilled water thru it a few times to clean that pink crap out first, when you ask dodge or toyota about there pink coolant they will tell you that it is not DEXCOOL, if i would have known thats what that pink stuff was i would have brought my own green antifreeze, i really heard to many horror stories about dexcool to run in my new motor & new radiator,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.