DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was not impressed with the stock sound of my RAM. Did a little research and found what i was looking for from our friends at Alpine. After reading tons and tons of different RAM owners talk about wiring up aftermarket radios and blowing the stock amp I choose the Alpine CDE-124SXM from Crutchfield for $199. Alpine sells a Power pack for their radios to boost the capabilities of your stock speakers. (Apline KTP-445 power pack) Though I didn't blow the amp.... this would have been my option instead of rewiring the speakers. Back to the head unit. The head unit comes with a sirusxm tuner, usb port, aux port, and the capability of playing pandora. The XM tuner is tucked in the dash zip tied to the cables in the dash and the small antenna is easily routed through the glove box and is hidden nicely. First impressions- Sound is unbelievably better. Sounds like i have a 10 tucked behind the seat. The only problem i have now is the 11 year old speakers can handle the max power of the stock amp. I'm not big on being loud i just want good sound so it's perfect for my preference, but we all know what happens when "that song" comes on and you crank it. A tip for you guys wanting to replace the stock radio is make sure you find the right wire for the amp. My diagram said the power antenna and for my model it's not.

Looks normal

:smileup:
If you're not impressed with the infinity sound system try this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm pretty unimpressed with mine, but I'm putting in a double din jvc (making a new bezel) and putting in alpine all around it off a separate amp eventually. I'm rewiring it all though, may as well put in better wires than stock to get the best out of those highs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stereo Install

Windyeer did you need any kind of adapter to keep the infinity amp working or just a wire harness? I am looking at this Metra CHTO-02 Interface and I'm not sure I need it or not. Crutchfield says it's for 04 and up and 02 and 03 wouldn't need it. Or did you bypass the amp? All I want to do is replace the cd player with a head unit with USB and Aux in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts