DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wanted to share a new mouting device out there for the two best radar detectors out there for portable devices.
http://store.blendmount.com/blendmo...lentine-one-radar-detector-bv1-2000-p334.aspx
I initially ordered the BV1-2000 for My 2009 Dodge Ram PW.
While it fit fine as it was I wanted a closer fit to my mirror. A quick call to Frank in customer service made short order of my issue with a shorter body to attach to the mirror mount.
As you can see I was able to raise the mirror as high as it would go and the V1 still fit snugly under the mirror. The V1 was aimed perfectly level and straight ahead as the V1 was designed to be aimed.
Note this is an install with the factory U-connect blue tooth mirror. I use the V-1 remote display so I have this unit hardwired so the remote display can be mounted to the steering column plastic just in front of the gauge pod. This allows my V1 to be run dark (no lights at all on the V1)

I tried to post some photos but they don't show.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Shouldn't this be posted in the Vendor section and not the general discussion section!!!!

Thats where vendors post btw!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not a vendor.

I am the proud owner of a 2009 Ram Power wagon and liked this product. I have one in our Grand Cherokee and my PW. I don't sell anything. I don't work for any parts provider.

So why would this go in the vendors section? :4-dontknow:

I posted my review on their site w/o any issues posting pictures.

However on here it would not let me post them. I provided links to what I was talking about and thought others may like to see what I thought was a good product and felt did the job nicely.

Have you seen this product before? I found it just by chance and luck. I did not even know it existed before I stumbled onto it.

I had my V-1 attached to my mirror with a short piece of 3/8 fuel line, 2 zip-ties and 3M body molding adhesive on the front edge to the bottom edge of the mirror. I liked it and it did great but I could not remove it and put it away for security. This product gave me the mirror mounting I wanted and the ability to take it down and hide it when parked. totally awesome in my book!

BTW I found this site while looking for info and reviews on Hemi Catch Cans. That info was not in the vendors section but gave me the informations I was looking for. Why would I have to post in the vendors area????????????

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm not a vendor.

I am the proud owner of a 2009 Ram Power wagon and liked this product. I have one in our Grand Cherokee and my PW. I don't sell anything. I don't work for any parts provider.

So why would this go in the vendors section? :4-dontknow:

I posted my review on their site w/o any issues posting pictures.

However on here it would not let me post them. I provided links to what I was talking about and thought others may like to see what I thought was a good product and felt did the job nicely.

Have you seen this product before? I found it just by chance and luck. I did not even know it existed before I stumbled onto it.

I had my V-1 attached to my mirror with a short piece of 3/8 fuel line, 2 zip-ties and 3M body molding adhesive on the front edge to the bottom edge of the mirror. I liked it and it did great but I could not remove it and put it away for security. This product gave me the mirror mounting I wanted and the ability to take it down and hide it when parked. totally awesome in my book!

BTW I found this site while looking for info and reviews on Hemi Catch Cans. That info was not in the vendors section but gave me the informations I was looking for. Why would I have to post in the vendors area????????????
I don't buy it for one second. Both your original posts are written like a salesman, along with your reply to my statement. Why go into descriptive details on the product when replying to my post? I didn't show any interest, I just stated that this needs to be in the vendor section.
This may be a great product, but most normal people don't post "reviews" in this manner, and ESP don't respond with another sales pitch.

Maybe you're a car salesman by trade and it's just your demeanor, but drop the sales pitch if you post future reviews.
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't buy it for one second. Both your original posts are written like a salesman, along with your reply to my statement. Why go into descriptive details on the product when replying to my post? I didn't show any interest, I just stated that this needs to be in the vendor section.
This may be a great product, but most normal people don't post "reviews" in this manner, and ESP don't respond with another sales pitch.

Maybe you're a car salesman by trade and it's just your demeanor, but drop the sales pitch if you post future reviews.
Welcome to the site.

Well you are entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong.
Read my other posts prior to this one and try opening up your mind a little.

Not a sales pitch! Just a review of something I like and use. I posted this on another forum I am a long time member of and just figured I would share it here as it seemed appropriate.

Like I said I only found this forum because of a search for Hemi catch cans and liked the open way folks reviewed their mods. I also like the Vari Ram for 4th gens and planned on getting in on the next group buy in March. Since he said it would fit my 3rd gen body with the 4th gen VVT motor.

I likely won't post much anymore here as I do not like being attacked or called a liar. I assume you are a mod or something but your concern is misplaced. Your attack in unwelcome. Delete this thread if you like. I do not want to be where I'm not welcome!

Later

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wanted to share a new mouting device out there for the two best radar detectors out there for portable devices.

thanks for sharing - I hadn't seen that one either (and I just installed a hardware kit and remote display today), though I tend to stick with the suction mounts because it's just easier to move around between cars. (and leaves less trace behind when pulled over and the V1 gets quickly pulled and hidden) ;)

remote display attached to the cig lighter power has always worked fine until this truck. the power outlet buried in the center console (buckets) is just a bad place for a display....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I appreciated seeing this thread. (I now am another 100 bucks lighter thanks to it).

Where did you tap into power for the V1? Can you pull power from the wire that runs the auto-dim on the mirror, or do you have it routed via the headliner to some place further away?

Cheers!
Nyxs

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciated seeing this thread. (I now am another 100 bucks lighter thanks to it).

Where did you tap into power for the V1? Can you pull power from the wire that runs the auto-dim on the mirror, or do you have it routed via the headliner to some place further away?

Cheers!
Nyxs
On the site with the blend mount they have what they call a mirror tap that gets the power and ground from your auto-dim mirror.

I tapped into my cigarette lighter. The cigarette lighter is an ignition source meant to run chargers, accessories and such. It is isolated from the rest of the electrical components with its own dedicated fuse.

My brother used the mirror tap on his Z06 and said it was simple to do but just to be sure he let his mechanic confirm and hook it up for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts