DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 2500 with the 8L V-10, what mufflers sound the best?

i am looking for a deep rumble, similar to a V-8, and i like it loud, but not obnoxious

·
Registered
873 Posts
wow thats a tuff call...

what i prefure you may dislike...............

uh i would try Zoomers i've heard good about thier products

there's magniflo

CGS

google performance exhaust and see what you find..

i'm old school so i would go with long headers and a set of 1977 fleetwood cad. mufflers that has the best deep sound ....

but wut do you like :4-dontknow:

J
0 Posts
I had the Dynomax UltraFlo Bullets on my SRT-10 and it sounded badass.

You'll never sound like a V8, so flaunt it. :)

That's the main thing I miss about that truck.. THE SOUND.

C

·
0 Posts
horsepower of 06 V10 8.0

i have a 2001 2500 with the 8L V-10, what mufflers sound the best?

i am looking for a deep rumble, similar to a V-8, and i like it loud, but not obnoxious
little off the subject here but you boys seem to know your V10s,, can any of you tell me the HP of a stock 2006 V10 8.0 in a 2500 dodge truck? Ive been trying to find out for over a week and no one seems to know,, so I thought Id check here,, you guys seem to know your v10s for sure... if you would please email me at [email protected] and thanks in advance...

mel

·
Banned
56,675 Posts
Hey Mel! Nice to have you here! :wavey: I hope you enjoy this board and don't become a stranger! If you would like, go introduce yourself in the Newbie section and pose your question there as well! You may get better feedback there and not get lost in this thread! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never mind, i have decided to go with Cherry Bombs cat back duel in/out system.
here is the link to the summit listing, but i am going with someone off ebay that has it for less than half what summit wants

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha, my Dad's 98 2500 is just straight pipes. OEM manifolds, into a single muffler (don't know which kind), and dual pipes out the back, and has no cats. Sounds very nice, honestly. You're not gonna get a V8 sound from a V10, but you can make it sound nice though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry there's nothing like a "Dodge" sound but I have always been a fan of the Mustang Flowmaster sound and that's pretty close.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The last V-10 was in 2003 if I am not mistaken. My 2002 runs 300hp & 485 lbs., that is bone stock.

little off the subject here but you boys seem to know your V10s,, can any of you tell me the HP of a stock 2006 V10 8.0 in a 2500 dodge truck? Ive been trying to find out for over a week and no one seems to know,, so I thought Id check here,, you guys seem to know your v10s for sure... if you would please email me at [email protected] and thanks in advance...

mel

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts

mel
This is a trick question, right? The 2500 was not offered with the 8.0. In fact the 8.0 was out of production by then and only the 1500 was offered with the newer 8.3 which is rated at 501 HP at 5600 RPM. Torque is rated at 525 ft. lbs. @ 4100 RPM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i went with two new Magna flow Cats, into a single Magna flow Muffler exiting thru a single 4" tail pipe. It really woke the truck up and gives the V10 a cool rumble when you push it...Like others have said it is a V10 it has it's own sound. If you try to dual out the pipes it will sound more like a 6 cylinder...(Tried it) NOT GOOD!!!! Push all 10 cylinders thru a single muffler that flows great and love the sound. I think it's great!!!

p.s. I also put a new K&N intake on the beast and it really helped the sound as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts