DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes. I have a 1988 d100 v6 5sp fuel injected ( v6 motor was no good) I also have a 1987 d150 318 automatic carb. When I was searching for info on doing an engine swap (318 into the v6 truck and convert to carb) I could not find any concrete evedince that it would work and lots of conflicting info. So I went ahead I did it. It can be done but you better have a full doner truck. So I will try and explain how I did it for anyone else that want to know. The 318 will drop in but you will have to fab up a left side motor mount because there is no provisions for relacation. The right side has multiple holes in the k-member for the 318 mount location. I completely reomoved the fi wiring harness and installed the wiring harness from the 318 truck. the 5speed bolted up to the 318 just needed the pilot bushing. I also needed to swap out fuel tanks and I needed to run new fuel lines and reroute the lines up the right side of the truck, you will need to use the throttle cable from the 318. I am probly forgetting some things but I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts