DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done the V6 electric fan conversion for their 5.7 hemi. i’ve seen a few videos and it looks like it would be a great fuel and power saving option. I’m in Arizona just want to make sure that the fan would keep the motor cool enough. If anybody’s done this and had good or bad results please post them here I’m thinking of doing this soon .

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
It cleans up the engine bay, that's it.

No measurable mpg gain.

Minimal power gain in the higher rpms - not much to really speak of at normal driving rpms. Maybe a bit in city traffic as your clutch fan might actually engage then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I have read, you will need a programmer to adjust when the fan kicks on and off. I also see a lot of people upgrading to 180 tstat as well to keep the temps down.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
From what I have read, you will need a programmer to adjust when the fan kicks on and off. I also see a lot of people upgrading to 180 tstat as well to keep the temps down.
No you don't, it's a PWM fan to begin with and has no issues idling with AC on max in Florida sun. It works perfectly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what I understand all 2019+ Hemis have a electric fan only... so looks like what the owner community figured out years ago (swapping the bigger V6 E-fan into the 5.7 Hemi and deleting the clutch fan) has possibly changed the way Ram designs their newer trucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update:
I did it this weekend. Pulled out the clutch fan because the clutch was failing (sounded like an airplane when going over 30 mph) and the AC condenser was not keeping cool enough. When I pulled the clutch fan and the monster cowling off, the stock E-fan looked way underpowered and there was nothing to force the air to channel through the radiator and condenser. So I ordered the V6 stock E-fan, which is considerably bigger and has an integrated cowling. Installed easy (if you order, make sure the plug connection matches) and it works like a charm. The engine temp stays just under halfway (hottest day here was about 90, so we'll see how it does in the summer) and the AC blows cold even at idle. Cost me about $160 and about 2 hours of my time. Well worth it. Can't speak for gas mileage or power, and I could care less about those, just needed the engine to stay cool and the AC to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts