DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a part number for the two vacuum lines that go from the transfer case to the front axle on the passenger side. I think they are plastic I broke the red one while installing my suspension lift and need to replace it. Also is it safe to drive till I get the part I think it just has to do with engaging 4wd so I hope it's ok to drive. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
It is ok to drive . Just make sure that if either end is leaking vacuum to plug it off . They do have a conversion kit to change it over to being cable operated . I'll see if I can find the part numers for both .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I found one diagram but they showed a picture and listed a part name for all the components but didn't label them in the picture. So there were 4 parts with the same name but different part numbers. One of which was the one I needed I think it was a vacuum harness. The line broke right at the angled connector that plugs onto the two prongs on the vacuum shift motor

·
Registered
383 Posts
You can buy that plastic line at the autoparts store. It's just black vacuum line. Just buy enough to do the job and splice it in with small rubber vacuum hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts