DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted the lid the same color as the truck and had some decals made up for the lid,i also carbon fiber decaled the air grabber..let me know what you guys think..

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Where did you get the filter, and how much did you pay?
Never knew we could get an "old-school" look.
Looks SICK, man. Good job.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a vararam system and there a site sponsor, they had a group buy on them for $350 with free shipping. idk if they still have the group buy price but check them out..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys..im gonna put a ram emblem up on there somewhere too yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea im very happy with the intake ,looks awesome and i definitely Noticed a good power increase

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nice job:smileup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The intake seals around the hood and has a air grabber that sits infront of the radiator a bit and grabs air coming in from your grill and rams it into the intake..so its a ram air system and its cool fresh air .. i got it from vararam , there a site sponsor

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I painted the lid the same color as the truck and had some decals made up for the lid,i also carbon fiber decaled the air grabber..let me know what you guys think..

:SHOCKED: Nice looks good

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there an audible "sucking" noise that comes along with this intake? I've had several cold air intake systems on trucks before, and when you get on the gas you can clearly hear some of them taking in more air...just curious...i'm looking into buying me an air grabber for my '10 ram laramie...everything i've read says they're the best!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When i rev it up i can hear it sucking in air..i dont hear it when driving though ..on most intakes where the filter connects to the air tube there is a edge that when air passes over it creates that sucking sound,the vararam intake has a rounded inlet where the pan connects to the hose for better flow, so you dont get quite as much sucking sound but you get better air flow

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks SPEEDFRREAK, that's very helpful. Do u know if they will work without a fan shroud? I'm thinking about goin dual electric fans which I believe eliminates it. Do u have one of this awsome lookin intake systems?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts