DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A coupl of weeks ago I installed a set of in the channel vent shades, I'm having trouble with keeping the front of the shade attached to the truck at the mirror. The other night I read a post on here that some of you where having the same problem, And you decided that at that point they should be installed behind the mirror. Some talked about trimming them at that point so they would fit tight against, I think the right thing to do is remove the mirror and fit it over the shade. This may make it so the mirror has a slight gap where the shade is installed. If you trim the shade is the color all the way through the shade or will you have a white edge. How hard is it to remove the mirror, how do you remove the plastic on the inside so you can get to the bolts. I might have been able to wedge them under but now I would have to pull them off and I do not think that they would stick again. So I think I have to options, trim or put the mirror on top, ??? any thoughts.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I removed the mirrors, not a big job and placed the vent shade behind, looks good but it does make the plastic around the mirror at the top stick out a little, Maybe a 1/16 of a inch. I'm not sure what I will do, maybe some clear silicone, I do not know if water will get in or not. I do not really want to start trimming anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts