DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question here for the group. Took about a 4 hour road trip yesterday and when we got to our destination, found a rubber hose hanging underneath the truck. It is attached to the rearend on top of the casing about halfway between the differential and the wheel on the drivers side. I assume this is a vent tube of some sort. Couldn't find where it was supposed to attach, so I zip tied it up so it wouldn't drag. Any ideas where this tube might connect? Will it hurt to run it this way until I get it repaired? In the process of moving so don't have time to crawl underneath it to search for the connection point. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That's what it is a vent tube. There should be some sort of a cap on the end and the end connects to the frame cross member under the bed. Leave enough slack in the tube for axel movement. If you can't find the clip where the end of the tube attaches then a zip tie will work. The end of the tube is mounted up high so water will not get into the axel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts