DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends, anyone know of a srt-10 bonnet or similar to fit my 04 Dually going for sale in the U.K? Basically I want BIG vents ! :158:
Cheers

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Try this site: http://www.jimsautoparts.com/index.html

OEM DODGE RAM SRT-10 HOOD
(with functional hood scoop)

Hood with integrated scoop (same as production SRT-10), primed (ready for paint); Includes sheet metal hood and scoop, paintable bezel & molded black grille insert, functional scoop allows airflow to engine compartment. Use your original hardware to install.

MP-82208702
Fits 2002 (new style)-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 & 2002-2009 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 SRT-10 Hood - Primed
$ 799.95 ea.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. If I can't find one here in England, looks like I'm gonna have to fork out for shipping,which is normally on par with being shagged in the butt!

·
Registered
273 Posts
keep your eyes on ebay i have noticed a few on there a couple of times even found the scoops which you can get fitted at a bodyshop

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've seen those stick on scoops. Just a bit worried they'll feck off down the road at motorway speeds?! Only held on with 3m tape,dunno how strong that is.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Yeah I've seen those stick on scoops. Just a bit worried they'll feck off down the road at motorway speeds?! Only held on with 3m tape,dunno how strong that is.
It is possible to rivet or screw them on as well, instead of relying on bondo to hold them on. Actually it is not a correct install to just bondo them on...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that's what I was thinkin! But then if I rivet/screw them on, im gonna have to get the whole hood sprayed surely? Which makes me think buying a aftermarket vented hood easier! I dunno, gonna have a look around and think about it.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Yeah well even if you buy a "new" aftermarket one it will require minor bodywork and paint. Especially if it's fiberglass it will definitely require some work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts