DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been slowly building more and more anger until finally today, a windy day on the highway, I just can't take it anymore. I bought Kool View flip up tow mirrors because a) they were cheaper than oem which is rape, and b) they were by no means cheap, I paid close to 300 shipped. How in god's name can a company produce such an awful product and be in business. They shake so bad I couldn't tell if a statie or a toyota tundra was behind me on the highway. And this is with them flipped down. Don't even get me started on flipping them up... might as well have no mirrors. And I double and triple checked, 3rd gen rams do not have a bracket like the 2nd gen do for these mirrors. It's the actual glass shaking in the housing not the whole mirror

What an awful product.

Anyone else have bad luck with KoolView?

End: Rant

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
not sure what the cool view mirrors are, I bought a set of tow mirrors off ebay that I thought were power, showed in the pictures to have the power outlet on them but I never read enough of the description I guess. They shake alot too, not as bad as you describe, next time I come into this situation I am just going to buy the dodge mirrors

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're identical to the stock tow mirrors. Ive even heard rumors that they're the company that makes the mirrors for the OEM's. Its actually spelled KoolVue I believe, my bad. But yea, order the ones from the dealership for 600, or pick some from a scrap yard, it'll save you a headache.. literally

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had a set of Koolvue tow mirrors on my 2000 for several years now. The driver's side is great. The passenger side does vibrate a bit, but not terrible. I've been really happy with mine, especially for the price compared to OEM. I wonder if they changed something on the 3rd gen version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts