DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer got in touch with me again today to let me know that my truck has STILL NOT BEEN SHIPPED. WTF! The manager has called the plant a few times and they won't tell him anything productive.

It passed final inspection back on March 1st, Why is it still there!?
At 15 weeks and 2 days since order now.
I have seen guys on here from my area that ordered trucks 1~2 months AFTER me and they have already received them....

I am trying to give Chrysler nearly a years salary here and its seem they just don't want it.

Do you guys think that calling the Chrysler customer service line will get me some more information?

I have been looking at the inventory of dealerships around the area and they all seem to have a few longhorns in stock, but they are all listed as in transit, its like nobody out here can get longhorns in. Is there something going on that Chrysler is not letting out?

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Did you order anything extra, that has to be done after the truck leaves the assembly line ?
sprayed in bedliner
Rambox
Nerf bars, side steps
bed rails

These & some other things are done at a other facilities not run by the assembly plant

The other things, you don't want to know about, it has to do with damage to windows, tires, sheet metal, or paint usually done during storage time or shipping
The add-ons & everything else are done at one of 3 companies

Ground Effects does the spray in liners
Argus does parts upfitting & technical upgrades
-----------------------------------------------------------------
FENKELL does all repairs, from tires to major damage, below is about
http://www.fenkellautorepairnewark.com/

We have been providing on-site repairs at the railhead/mixing centers/port facilities to vehicles damaged during transportation from the production plant to the dealers throughout the United States and Canada. The following are a few of the repairs we perform:

On-Site: Glass, Tires, Batteries, Lockouts, Port related repairs or any miscellaneous repairs using OEM parts. The repairs are performed on-site, monitored and updated per Customer requirements.

Off-site: Stolen Recovery Units, Major Damage Units, Safety Related Repairs. Fenkell coordinates the movement of the vehicle to the off-site facility. The repairs needed are clearly instructed and is then monitored and updated per Plant/ Customer requirements. Fenkell will assist in movement of parts needed to complete the necessary repairs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The longhorn package includes the spray in bed liner.

The Chrysler repI got in touch with (dodgecares on dodge forums . com) told me that my truck was supposed to ship out on the 1st of April, now 2 weeks from then and still sitting at the factory.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This is a VERY long time. I got my Laramie fully loaded, box liner, side steps, Pretty much every available option in exactly 6 weeks after ordered Dec. 27 (Feb. 7). I Tried calling Chrysler about adding an option about a week after I ordered (white letter tires) and they said they have no control or way to look at or do anything with the truck, it is up to the Dealer. Hopefully it gets there soon, and you don't get ticked off and go somewhere else, I LOVE my RAM!!! And i know you will to ONCE it arrives.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I NEED the truck for next weekend, so I got the dealer to find me another truck that is already in province. They found one with everything I ordered + more, just not the same colour, Deep molten red instead of the sagebrush.

They can't believe that the truck has not even left the factory yet, this is just retarded.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i think you will love your new color. I had the same on my 04'. Going back to that on my next truck

·
Registered
53 Posts
I NEED the truck for next weekend, so I got the dealer to find me another truck that is already in province. They found one with everything I ordered + more, just not the same colour, Deep molten red instead of the sagebrush.

They can't believe that the truck has not even left the factory yet, this is just retarded.
Did they charge you any more for it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the deep molten red on my Laramie...... LOVE IT..... I have had so many compliments on the color choice... Your gonna be a fan!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did they charge you any more for it?
Nope

I have the deep molten red on my Laramie...... LOVE IT..... I have had so many compliments on the color choice... Your gonna be a fan!
Yeah, It was my second choice over the sagebrush anyways :p

Hopefully they can pull everything together and I'll have it by next Friday.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I ordered mine March 1st and phoned the dealer today. He said they have a VIN number, but it will still be a while. I know one person near me ordered 1st week of Feb and got it the 1st week of April. I'm hoping to have it by May long weekend...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the truck that I ordered showed up on the lot today. About time!

Dealer threw in a few more extras for free and took another $4K off the price.

I should be able to get in there and pick it up this weekend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am pissed off again....

So the guy I did the order through (familiar with my truck) got back from vacation today and he had some bad news...

Chrysler decided it would be GREAT to throw in a few surprises along with the VERY LATE delivery.

-No anti spin diff
-No trailer tow mirrors
-No protection group
-Wrong leather on the seats

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

The dealer has offered to sell me truck AT COST and they will install the protection group and the mirrors, but they cannot get chrysler to do anything about the anti spin or the leather.

I just cannot bring myself to believe that this is happening...

·
Registered
464 Posts
IMO...I think you are being "messed with". "Time to walk" on this truck and start again. Besides that, if it was held at the factory or as long as they say, there very easily could have been some major factory repairs that had to be done. I found that out the hard way on my 2003 Ram. Another thing to think about, the dealer might have screwed up your original order. I've had that happen too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IMO...I think you are being "messed with". "Time to walk" on this truck and start again. Besides that, if it was held at the factory or as long as they say, there very easily could have been some major factory repairs that had to be done. I found that out the hard way on my 2003 Ram. Another thing to think about, the dealer might have screwed up your original order.
There is no way I am accepting this truck, the interior is ugly as sin (IMO) and an open dif is garbage to me.

I know the dealer did not mess up the order, I watched them order it and got a printout of the sheet that day. The sales team there is top notch and has done a lot for me. Chrysler is just ****ing them and me over here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
So what's your plan? Advice from an "old guy", cool your jets and take the time to get just what you want. You're right, you are spending lots of $$$$ on this truck. This will give us all a chance to see how Chrysler deals with a ----up. Sorry that it is at your expense.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Waiting on truck!

Be sure to look it over real good as these rams have numerous paint imperfections & other body issues... I spec ordered mine, I have a 2012 laramie crew 4X4 in Bright white paint codeW7. I love my truck but quality in the body / paint areas are lacking. I have numerous spots on the truck where it looks as if something settled on the truck while in the spray booth & the machines just sprayed right over it. I also had a dent right behind my drivers side door handle & multiple down to bare metal scratches in the door jams. I could go further into detail but it would take all day. I of course noticed only the more sever scratches after I drove off the dealer lot, then found the dent on the door & now as of recent these blemishes are becoming more known to me due to my detailing this sucker every other week. I truly believe they have next to know quality control there. It's my opinion that your truck COBRAjr was shipped but probably got jacked up in transport & the dealer was stalling until the body shop could fix it. I know people both whom have been a victim of this & whom have been working for a dealer & seen a salesman pass on a brand new vehicle that was repaired. They reserve a legal right to repair I believe up to 20% of the vehicles cost in damages. It's a real joke...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts