DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 ram 1500 with a leveling kit and upgraded tires. Recently I have been getting a vibration at 20mph - 25mph. It only happens at this speed and only while in 4WD. Anyone with similar experience or some ideas on cause.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you running 4wd on the pavement? You might want to check your front driveshaft u-joint at the diff for any play, you should just bee able turn the entire drive shaft each way about a quarter turn in park and 2wd mode. If all is good in that area I would suspect maybe a wheel out of balance, they will vibrate at different speeds if its not to far out of balance. I have a leveling kit on my 07 and it will vibrate when I give it gas on the pavement and will stop when Im crusing or let off, It's the front wheels turning towards each other.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have read a ton of posts that speak of death wobble after getting a leveling kit installed. Maybe a search on the topic would help you out. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's really not the true "death wobble". The "death wobble" is associated with solid axle trucks, which can truly escalate into a deadly scenario. This would just be a "vibration".

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i have this slight vibration aswell after installing my leveling kit but it only seems to be on dry/wet pavement if the roads are snow covered i dont really get the vibes in 4x4

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the vibration too. on light acceleration it's minor but mat the pedal and it last longer and more intense. I didn't notice it at all before my leveling kit either. Whatever. The kit is NOT coming off. lol
I have trouble understanding that the leveling kit is at fault here tho. If you lay under the truck and look at the cv axles they seem to have an acceptable angle so I don't get where the wobble is coming from

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ram acknowledges a slight vibration in vehicles when engaged in 4hi. geometry of rams set up. once a leveling kit is installed the vibration will normally be more noticeable. This is normally on 06-11 non mega cabs. You can live with the problem or install high angle cv joints.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had that issue. It ended up being a bent rim.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
from what i understand, 4 wheel drive should only be used off of dry pavement, especially when turning any kind of corner, no matter how slight it is
you will get tire chatter on dry pavement

·
Registered
247 Posts
dry pavement yes a vibration, gravelled drive way didnt notice a vibration but couldnt get going. must find dirt and try it again 4x4, but no vibration at all in 2 wheel drive at any speed and around turns, but also my front tires are like new and my rear tires are pretty bald so the veiration could be part of the problem. went with max setting on my 06 trx4

·
Registered
113 Posts
My friend's vibrates from his Ready lift leveling kit which is just a spacer.

I have the same truck and leveled it with Bilstien 5100s instead and have no issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i pulled this from readylift.com

Due to a design issue with Dodge Ram front differential and suspension, some owners may experience a vibration in the front end when in 4x4 mode, or a violent shaking vibration of the front wheels when going over a bump at speed. These two symptoms are often called a "death wobble", but actually appear to be two different problems with the Ram truck.

The 4HI mode vibration is a vibration or shudder that occurs when accelerating in 4x4 high mode. This affects Dodge Ram 1500 non mega cabs; Dodge couldn't discover why their stock trucks would do this for some customers. The solution for Dodge was to state that there is no problem and that all of the new Rams will shudder or shake when in 4x4 high. This symptom appears isolated to 2006-2011 1500 non-Mega Cab model trucks and when in 4-hi mode.

It is ReadyLift Suspension's position that if you have installed a lift kit onto your Dodge Ram truck and experience either of the two symptoms mentioned, you have two options. 1). IMMEDIATELY HAVE THE LEVELING KIT REMOVED FROM THE VEHICLE! or 2). Install KORE High Angle CV Joints which will fix the factory issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with the same issue. Vibration at 20-25 mph. Dodge is aware of the problem and says that it is inherent to the vehicle so they wont do anything about it. I made it 9000 mile before I had to have the struts and strut mounts replaced do to excessive wear. I was informed by the service manager that if I wouldn't have gotten them checked then the Struts would have eventually snapped from the mounts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts