DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got the stock muffler swapped out with a newly welded 24" Magnaflow #12388. Lucky for anyone interested in the longer muffler, I took before and after videos and cut them together side by side.

When looking for a muffler I was having trouble decided on the size based on the lack of videos of any Magnaflows bigger than 18". I found a couple out there though which lead me to buy this one. If you're looking for wake up the neighbors loud, this ain't for you. But if you want just a little more throat and growl, then this is what you want. Looking back, maybe I'd go with the 22 or 18, but I'm extremely happy with this as I really just wanted a little deeper sound....just like with anything else, once you get a taste you want bigger and better (hence the stereo I'm about to put it that'll drown out the muffler either way).

Anyway, enjoy the video. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://youtu.be/3Pj06k1tUcI

CAN SOMEONE MESSAGE ME ON HOW TO EMBED THIS VIDEO IN THE POST? :doh:

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Very nice.... Sounds great......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for posting that, I was wondering what the difference was. Well done!

·
Registered
374 Posts
That keeps the stock Y pipe, correct?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had the 14 and it was too loud for me under load. I now have the 24 and like it much more, however when you mash the throttle there is no difference. At highway speeds the 24 is much better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That keeps the stock Y pipe, correct?
Yup, stock Y-pipe.

I just put a couple hundred miles on the truck this weekend, and I've gotta say, it sounds even better!!

Absolutely loving the 24". My wife told me she could hear it from the house when I started it up the other morning, too. It's not super loud, but just nice and deep. Can't wait to hear how it burns in over the next thousand miles, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts