DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've seen this conversation numerous times and the kits say not to use 17" wheels I decided to make a quick video addressing that.

https://youtu.be/f-XNzXRR0CA

If you can think of any reason I'm missing, why this shouldn't work I'm definitely interested in learning from that conversation. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Front end suspension components geometry possibly being beyond safety specs?

be interested to know if anyone can come up with a definitive answer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am running 17" wheels with my bilsteins set at 2.8. I am still running the stock SRAs until they wear out. I have about 4k on this setup and have no issues, I don't see why there would be an issue. It looks kind of funny. The only issue I have heard of is that the stock 17s are narrow, like 7.5 inches or so. This limits you when you go to a 285 tire. Most 285s are recommended for a minimum 8 inch wide rim. I spoke with a couple of the local tire shops and they say I will be fine with a 285 on the stock 17.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
There's absolutely no issue running a 17" wheel with just a leveling kit as you're still using the stock steering knuckles. Some lift kits pose the problem as they come with aftermarket, larger steering knuckles and sometimes the design of those don't allow the smaller diameter wheel.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Many members leveled with 17's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts