DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started on my vinyl wrap but didnt have enough to finish the roof:doh:As you could see mines the first truck.

Heres another view.

And another..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was tricked into doing it lol

Looking good, what made u want to wrap it and also where did u get ur vinyl from?

I have a friend that does it for a living.... having said that he wanted me to do some electrical work on his home I agreed and didnt charge him, so in good gesture he provided 3M vinyl and after a day or so of power point presentations and hands on trainning ..... he was able to persuade me to go and pull the trigger on this mod.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lecture....

Is there a reason you didn't wrap the entire hood, but left that gap at the bottom? I would have thought it'd be easier to follow the body line.

I did wrap the entire hood. I left about 1/8" th excess tucked under the hood, but you cant see it till you open the hood and look up. What you see in the picture is the clearence space between the hood and were the fender has the indentation to allow the hood to cover it.

Why the reason for such a gap you might ask ??? I dont know It came from the dealer that way when I bought it. Honestly all rams ive seen are the same but not as noticable when they're one solid color its just more noticable with the color scheme I have.. Im assuming I can adjust the hood hinges to lower it possibly.....& yes I already tried turning down the two hood stops as much as possible till they just made contact with the hood when closed and even then only slight diffrence. Hood latch were the hood locks into was also adjusted to minimize the "gap" leaving me with the results you see in my pic's.

Sorry for the lecture.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks KAY 9, Ill post pix of the roof hopfully soon due to rain.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you sir!:smileup: I hope it does look bad ass. Bedrails had crossed my mind to, or somthing similar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.