DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,
I just installed the new intake. I wanted to check in about the kink I am getting where the breather hose goes under the engine cover. I have taken about three inches off and still get the kink. How can I fix it? Current set up look like this:

Factory 90 -> volant straight connector -> volant hose -> volant 90 connector (pointing perpendicular to engine cover hole) -> volant duct.

Sidenote: I clumsily broke the little plastic safety catch clip that secures to the sensor. It is on there now, but can slide off. Can I replace that? I thought about a layer of tape to 'jam' it on tighter.

Thanks for any help. I'm looking forward to cranking it up when I get the kink out.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I did not use the hose mine came with i instead used a heater hose was more flexable and did not get the kink.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I did not use the hose mine came with i instead used a heater hose was more flexable and did not get the kink.
+1 on hte new flexible hose

or

cut the current hose where it kink and put a 90 degres/elbow fitting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a good idea. Heading to the store right now. Any suggestions on the locking clip?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
their is no real stress put to those hose, so if you just push it on it should be fine,

if you really want to locking clips / clamps i would go with the one you can bolt/or use a srew driver to tighten,.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up using the heater hose as suggested. Worked like a charm and I was able to get everything in without any kinks. Thanks for the suggestion. It seems like if I ran a little longer hose up and around the back of the engine cover post I could get a smoother curve.

The clip I was asking about was on the IAT sensor. I pulled too hard and broke the catch instead of unlocking it. A small piece broke off of it. I thought about taping it, but haven't. Can I replace that plug easily? Is there a way to pull the two wires out and get a new plug?

Thanks for the info. It sounds very good when you get on it. I will be putting a new exhaust in the next week or so too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts