DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Volant CAI part #160576 will fit a 2012? On there website it shows 09-11 and I was thinking I read somewhere that a guy had to return his CAI (not volant) because it was for a 2011 and would not fit his 2012. I was hoping to order today but they are closed until Monday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody having problems with the cai's from any company. if they fit a 2011 there is no reason for them not to fit a 2012. There were no changes in the engine compartment between the years. I have pulled a 2011 next to my 2012 and we sat there and looked for differences couldn't fine any that would effect the intake. I went with the K&N myself but it is only a personal preference. On ordering I don't know what price you are paying but that searching amazon for Volant 160576 they have them listed at $302. I know that my K&N was almost a hundred cheaper on amazon for the same part.

So many people look past amazon even though they have alot of the same aftermarket parts everybody else is charging top $$$$ for. The only bad thing is that sometimes you have to make sure it is the right part number since there car match system is so so. The 12's don't come up for much of anything and the olders can say the part is wrong even though it is the right one. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
No change in engine compartment between the two years.

Will fit fine.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody having problems with the cai's from any company. if they fit a 2011 there is no reason for them not to fit a 2012. There were no changes in the engine compartment between the years. I have pulled a 2011 next to my 2012 and we sat there and looked for differences couldn't fine any that would effect the intake. I went with the K&N myself but it is only a personal preference. On ordering I don't know what price you are paying but that searching amazon for Volant 160576 they have them listed at $302. I know that my K&N was almost a hundred cheaper on amazon for the same part.

So many people look past amazon even though they have alot of the same aftermarket parts everybody else is charging top $$$$ for. The only bad thing is that sometimes you have to make sure it is the right part number since there car match system is so so. The 12's don't come up for much of anything and the olders can say the part is wrong even though it is the right one. Good luck.
Most, if not all, of the $100 difference can be attributed to the filter. The PowerCore filter is warrantied for 100k miles and is THE reason I went with the Volant. It should fit the 2012.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Barnyard....I didn't mean the price diff between the Volant and the K&N. I meant that my K&N was $100 cheaper buying it on amazon as opposed to some other sights and the local shops. The Volant is priced at $379 local to me but is 302 on amazon. Just wanted to give another option of where Dino could buy the Volant from. JMTC.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Does anyone know if the Volant CAI part #160576 will fit a 2012? On there website it shows 09-11 and I was thinking I read somewhere that a guy had to return his CAI (not volant) because it was for a 2011 and would not fit his 2012. I was hoping to order today but they are closed until Monday.
I believe this is the thread you are referring to - http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=99143

I helped a guy install one in a 2012, and found it to be the same as my 2010. The fit/finish of the Volant is not good enough for me from the factory, so I modded it. :) If your interested, I have a link to the DIY experience in my sig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.