DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I installed my volant cai last week. I followed the paper and everything went in pretty smoothly. With that said, there is about a one to two inch gap between the shoot that comes off of the box and the hole in the fender the air comes up through. It looks like the box sits a little bit higher than the stock box did. It is all the way down on the two posts that it sits on. Did any of you have the same gap? Is there anything I can do, or should I just not worry about it? Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I installed my volant cai last week. I followed the paper and everything went in pretty smoothly. With that said, there is about a one to two inch gap between the shoot that comes off of the box and the hole in the fender the air comes up through. It looks like the box sits a little bit higher than the stock box did. It is all the way down on the two posts that it sits on. Did any of you have the same gap? Is there anything I can do, or should I just not worry about it? Thanks in advance.

Brian
I have the same gap (although not as bad as the 2+" you describe). I filled mine with a short piece of adhesive foam pipe wrap wrapped around the edge at the gap.

I believe Brad2kx has solved the fit issue on his though. Perhaps he'll chime in soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts