DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just installed my new Volant PowerCore CAI today and it is stupidly easy. But there again I am mechanically inclined lol. This is a write up with some pics of the install that I did. This is not the step by step instructions they give you with the kit, but it does include some things I did that made it easier.

Step 1 - Unhook battery negative (though not required I never work on a vehicle with an active battery). Remove the stock intake. This is quite easy. All you have to do is remove the cross member (see pic of complete intake and then pic of cross member removed) between the intake and the HEMI box. After that is done simply lift the box up and out of the engine bay.

Complete stock intake

Cross member removed

Step 2 - Remove the rubber grommets from the stock intake housing and place onto the new intake housing (see pic)

Placing the rubber grommets on the Volant PowerCore CAI housing

Step 3 - Put new cross member into filter that is already contained in housing and install breathe tube elbow (kit comes with a cap if your year truck does not have a breathe tube, mine did so I obviously hooked up the breathe tube).

Step 4 - Install sleeve to other end of cross member and put clamps over but DO NOT tighten them just yet.

Step 5 - Place sleeve over HEMI box inlet tube and push intake housing into area where stock intake housing was. This is where those rubber grommets come into play because they seat down over the pins that held the stock intake in place. (mine only was able to hook onto two of the four pins, but after everything was installed and clamps tightened down there was little to no shaking)

Step 6 - Step back and cuss and vent because getting everything lined up and in place and secured was a slight pain in the ass (trust me this is all worth it).

Step 7 - Tighten down all clamps and place cover on top of intake housing and fasten down with the screws supplied.

Finished product should look something like this...

Sorry if the picture is a little dark, had to use my flashlight to try and get enough light so you could see. Will take more pics tomorrow in the daylight so you can see where I routed the breathe tube and such.

This is an extremely easy install with step by step instructions. I deviated some from said instructions though because there would have been much more cussing and frustration on getting everything to fit down in and sit properly.

Hope this helps with anyone who has been thinking about ordering and installing one of these systems.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only tools I used for this were a phillips head screw driver, flat head screw driver and a 10mm wrench (not needed if not disconnecting the battery). Like I said this is extremely easy and it works well with the new Flowmaster AmericanThunder exhaust system I had installed right after I installed this.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love it. Has definitely bumped up my output and pairing it with my Flowmaster AmericanThunder was like a match made in heaven lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts