DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I posted a lot of this in a shorter response to the thread about this product earlier today, but now after driving a hundred miles or so with it in the truck I wanted to post a more thorough review that I could link in my sig.

If you haven't seen the other thread, the WadeStar RPC is a phone holder available here: http://www.wadestarproducts.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html that fits in the business card holder in the center floor console of 2013+ Rams. It is available in 3 sizes, and the dimensions are listed on the website. It runs about $20 depending on the size you get; I got a medium to fit my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and my wife's I phone 6 plus and at the time there was a promo code that gave me free shipping.:icon1:

My phone holder just got here this morning, the mailman actually pulled up as I was looking out the window so I ran out to the mailbox as soon as he left. I was pretty impressed with the packaging FWIW, the box looked pretty professional, and the holder inside was wrapped in bubble wrap. The holder itself has a nice matte finish to it that almost gives it a sort of rubbery feel; it does not have a cheap plasticky feel to it even though it is just a simple plastic piece.

I first put my phone (galaxy s6 active) in to see how it would fit. without a case, it is possible for the phone to turn and slip out on one side, though I would say that is unlikely due to the angle that the holder sits at when in the card holder slot. I can't say for sure that the phone would fit a small size holder, but if I didn't have a case I would probably order a small because the medium would not fit snugly enough for my liking. However, when I put the phone in my Pelican Voyager case it fit perfectly. It seriously almost feels like the holder was designed for the phone when it is wearing this particular case. If you are wondering how I got pics of my own phone, I took them with my wife's phone and texted them to myself:thk::

I also test fit my wife's Iphone 6 plus which is in a Magpul field case (I wish they made one for my phone, I had one on my Galaxy S3 and loved it-the Pelican is good but bulky). It had some play front to back unlike my phone in the Pelican, but fit perfectly, if not quite as snugly as my phone, side to side. Please excuse my dog walking around in the background.

Another nice thing about this holder that you can see in this last pic is that it leaves the bottom open so that your charger can still fit your phone's charge port while it is in the holder. I know a piece of plastic like this seems pretty simple, but this product still seems well thought out and doesn't overlook any simple details that you may be inclined to forget when designing such a simple product.

It fits snugly in the business card holder; it takes enough effort to remove it that you can be sure your phone won't just fall out. It doesn't completely fill out the card holder slot from side to side but IMHO it doesn't really matter, and since the part that fits into the truck's console is as wide as the case I think the large may fill it out all the way. When I was driving around today, the RPC did not move or rattle (except when my wife was messing around with it :4-angermax: ) and held the phone securely and at a good angle that allows the phone to be used and read easily. I'm sure that at some time the sun will be able to reflect just right off the phone screen and blind me, but I didn't have an issue with that today and the simple fix for that is to just pull out your phone as the RPC's finish will not have any glare.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Excellent post, Blaise. You beat me to it. I like mine so far. We'll see how it holds up next summer in the dreaded Texas heat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another satisfied customer here. I got a medium for a Droid Turbo with the factory textured slip on case that works with the belt clip. I agree completely with your review of the workmanship and fit in the console. Well done.

Based on the measurements on Amazon, I ordered the medium since it was obvious that the small wouldn't work. The phone fits loosely, but does not rattle and so far hasn't even come close to falling out.

Very happy with the purchase. Would recommend without reservations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the reviews. Just ordered mine yesterday, looking forward to getting some use out of that business card holder! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am loving mine. Bought it as a Christmas present to myself off of Amazon. I have an LG G4 with the Otterbox Defender case. Ordered the large and it fits perfectly. I have nothing but positive things to say. If you hate the business card holder like I did, get this!

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Fantastic writing and review :smileup:

Someday I'll be smart enough for a smart phone :LOL:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I love mine ! Looks like FCA could get with the guy that makes them and put a part# on it and sell to everyone .it is a quality product

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love mine ! Looks like FCA could get with the guy that makes them and put a part# on it and sell to everyone .it is a quality product
Lol slap a Ram sticker on it and charge $10 more not including shipping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
+1 on this, it works great - got mine a few weeks ago.
go to his website rather than amazon and send him a message - wadestarproducts.com

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wish Amazon shipped to Canada. I have been looking for something like this.
Email him. $29.99USD ($43CAD) shipped to the door here in Toronto. Have to use PayPal though. Emailed back and forth with Wade for an hour tonight, nice guy, and mine will be shipping out Monday.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Email him. $29.99USD ($43CAD) shipped to the door here in Toronto. Have to use PayPal though. Emailed back and forth with Wade for an hour tonight, nice guy, and mine will be shipping out Monday.
Very nice guy. I didn't quite like the way phone fit in the holder and wanted to make a few modifications to it. Wade offered to send me a new one if I flubbed it up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got mine today after seeing the earlier posts about this product. I ran and put it in my truck like a little kid with a new toy! I got the large that works well with my iPhone 6plus. No rattles and very solid piece indeed. Very happy with it. Didn't know I needed it until i saw this thread!! Happy customer here. :smileup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just installed mine. Happy customer here as well! I got the medium and my Galaxy SIII fits fine. The angled-back nature of the design is one of the strong points, as the phone is easily viewable from the driver's position. Great work, Wade!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Being the OCD nut I sometimes can be, I modded my holder to hold the phone a little more snugly, plus I cut down the back to keep access to the storage tray under the radio a little more accessible. I had some foam of the perfect thickness I kept from a shipping container and cut it down to fit as pictured. I glued the foam together with water-thin super glue. The foam insert fits like a glove, and the phone also fits like a glove with no play at all. It was a wholly unnecessary mod to a great product, but I like to dial things in just so.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts