DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I drove to Walmart to pick up some things and about 30 minutes later i come out to notice that theres 2 somewhat minor (minor but noticable) dents in my right door. Its not the kind of dent thats circular but the one thats like a line. Almost like someone scratched it but instead of scratching, it just left a dent. I dont really know how it happened mabey from a shopping cart or something. I should of just taken the time and parked AWAY from everyone...

Can anyone tell me if theres anyway I can get a dent like that out myself?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
There are companys out there they do paintless dent repair . My brother had hail damage on his Mustang Gt . Went to these guys and I will say "I was impressed " Couldn't see a thing . They did a hell of a job . You don't have the issues with having it in the body shop for weeks . Rental cars etc... Might want to check around and see if anybody in your area is doing it and see some of their work .

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
I did forget to tell ya . My wife drove my 300M to Wally world several years ago . She parked , went in , did her shopping . When she came out she got in the car and went to back out . Noticed the car didn't want to move . Gave it some gas and all of a sudden it broke loose with a loud noise . She stopped and got out . She ripped and pulled off part of the front bumper cover . What had happened when she pulled up to the individual parking curb , she didn't see that the rebar that they use to anchor the curb in place was sticking up about 4" . When she went and backed up , and with the 300M sitting so low to the ground , the rebar caught on the inner lip of the bumper cover and destroyed it . Went inside and saw the store manager . He took pics and agreeded it was their fault . Walmarts insurance company contacted me and made good on the repairs . Guess I got lucky because it was quite obvious what had happened . Went back the following day to take pics and the rebar was already taken care of .

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
if we go to wal-mart i park at the end,if it is raining the wife gets let out at the door and i get to walk in the rain, lol. but hey im dent free for now!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
go to car lots and ask when the dent person comes,or they may give you his number and he would probably meet you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks for the info guys. and thats what happened it was dumping rain so i made the mistake of parking near the entrance haha.

E

·
0 Posts
Definitely use your paintless dent repair person. They do great work and it's a lot cheaper than the body shops.

$150 - $200 per panel is the customary charge.

·
Registered
187 Posts
blue you did get lucky lol, as a former assistant manager with wal mart, i can tell you they have a policy that states wal mart is not liable for anything that happens in the parking lot. i mean unless its somethin like a cart pusher runs into your car with a line of carts. almost every car or truck ive owned has had a runin with some carts in the wal mart parking lot. there really is no where safe in the lot you can park :smiledown:

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
That sucks about the dent! Hope you can find a place that'll do the paintless repair. Rain or shine I park well out of the way after I had my truck keyed at a local mall. The ONE time I saw a stall that was absolutely prime with enough space on either side to park the ram, I pull in, and come out an hour later with a gouge from the front wheel well to the middle of the back door... I was choked... getting it fixed in a week though :smileup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ouch Cdnoil im sorry to hear that. but yeah it's always weird when you park in an area with like 30 different parking spots around you and when you go back to your car theres that one guy that decides to park right by you haha.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I can solve this problem from ever happening again... NEVER GO TO WAL-MART!!! For anything... Ever. For any reason. That place is horrid and disgusting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts