DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going down Saturday to order new Larami 3500. heres the question(s). Anyone gone and put a Sport front bumper on one of these yet? The fenders and headlights are the same as the 1500 so I'm hoping the bumper will fit on. As for the grill, a guy can paint a base model grill, or simply just put a billet grill on. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you're right they are. but i think i can get a black base grill in HD. paint that and add some billet. I own a wrecking yard and have a 2011 3500 diesel just in. this is how i can look up interchange on this stuff. like i said before, the fenders are the same as well as the headlights. just wish i had a 1500 sport here to verify bumper fitment

·
Registered
35 Posts
Repp,
Is the 2011 3500 in your wrecking yard a crew cab?????? Not a quad cab, but a crew cab. If so, I am looking for some small part off it it. Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allright....at the risk of sounding like fool or embarrassing myself, this subject has come up alot at the shop......now Dodge has brought in the crew cab. Whats the difference between the Crew and Quad cabs.....obviously we're not talking about the Mega cab.....that one is obvious....

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the late model 1500's, it basically what do you want more room in, the bed or the 2nd row seating..
The quad cab has the longer bed of the 2, being 6 foot 4 inches, but less 2nd row leg room. The crew cab has the shorter bed, being 5 foot 7 inches, but more 2nd row leg room.

Basically for the Quad cab, you get less back seat room, but more bed room. For the Crew, you get more back seat room, but less bed room.

For the 2500's, it is much easier, there are only 2 four door cabs. Crew and Mega.

It is not listed very clearly on Ram's website, and alot of people dont even know there are 3 types of 4 door cabs. Crew, Quad, and Mega. I just sorted out all this info myself, answering my own question that I posted in this thread.

I will send you a PM as to what Im looking for out of the 3500 Crew Cab.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts