DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a site where I can search for info on 1970's "Little Red Wagon".Specifically, I was wondering what type of "wood" or other substance was used on the exterior of the bed and how it was attached. Thought it might be a good idea to update the look with a modern pickup.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Kinda like this:

This is one of my project,
i think u mean little red express or little red truck instead of little red wagon, and they make kits for it, it's red oak! I have a stepside dodge that has the wood paneling but unsure of what wood it actually is if it is correct. It is attached with carage bolts and nuts.

Try here:
http://www.dodgeconnection.com/page/page/2822475.htm

*Don't forget to stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself!*

·
Registered
8,602 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both responses. It seems that the wood is real red oak attached w/carriage bolts. The site does sells it as a kit so it's available but I'll have to ask for the dimensions unless you can measure the length/width of the boards and let me know. That is a nice looking truck and I did mean express truck. Thanks for the info but I guess there isn't a ste just for the express truck.I will stop in to the newbie section.

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I like the way you think...my truck began as a retro-mod...60 hours later it's a step-side.

There was the 'lil red express, the midnight express, the Warlock, and the last to be produced was the Warlock II in '85. I started retro-modding my truck to create a Warlock III. As far as I know the interior floor slats were indeed red or white oak, as well as the tailgate placard, the bed rails, and the exterior trim on the bed sides.

I actually ordered the tailgate logo that says Warlock III in the same script/font as the Warlock II. But since the scheme has changed I'll have to get another made in lavender to match the stripes and other decals I had made.

Retro-mod kinda like this one that I'm making?

And here's an 80's warlock and an 85 Warlock II

You knew I'd chime on this didn't ya Brad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts