DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The rear should be plenty high enough already unless you just want to raise it a little for that extra fender space. No, the Bilsteins will not work on your model year truck. I don't know a lot about it but my understanding is that you can achieve a nice level simply my cranking the torsion bars on your truck. Also, not having the coilover suspension means you can run a wider tire with less worries about clearance of the upper control arm. How wide are you wanting to go? You have a size in mind? I'm pretty certain you could run 35s with a torsion crank. Another guy on here just put 295/60/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on his 2004 with no issues. That's a 34.5" tire. That anywhere close to what you were thinking?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah, tires of the same size sometimes run a little smaller or larger between different manufacturers but based on the numbers alone a 315/70/17 is 34.36" tall and 12.4" wide. You will be fine with the height, especially if you crank the TB a little, but I dunno about the width. I'm pretty certain the pre-2006 trucks can run a 305mm wide tire but I'm not sure about a 315. If you are getting aftermarket wheels though and they have less positive offset (and therefore less backspacing) than the factory wheels then that will give you some room for a little more width as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.