DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am relatively new to the forum but all the info I have been able to find is amazing, thanks to everyone.

I currently have a 2011 4x4 Reg. cab with 5.7. I have the dinky 3.55 gears front and rear and they just aren't cutting it. I live in Northern VA and am looking for a local place who would be willing to tackle installing some 4.56 gears. I have also considered upping to the 4.10 gears, but you know, if a little is good a lot must be bad ass.

Has anyone had this done in around here? 4.10 of 4.56

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you can put 4.56 on your 2011 ram , but you have to swap the carrier and axle from a 2010 and put anything for a 9.25 chrysler, the zf diff have the same housing but different internal, nothing in the 9.25 will fit , and the front is a 8.25 chrysler front diff , just buy the pinion and ring gear and go !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok just so I am clear, 4.10s are pretty much a drop in application since they come on R/Ts. 4.56 I need to swap out the rear end for one from a 2010 but up front I can just have the 4.56 gears installed in the existing...correct?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a line on some 4.56 gears that will fit the redesigned style, but it is through Supershafts on Hemi Truck Club Forum.
I have an open diff and 3.55, I want an LSD and 4.56 as well, Auburn now has a LSD for the "zf" redesign, but other than the Driveline Expert connection on the other forum, I haven't be able to find anything more than 4.10. Moe's Performance has the 4.10 front and rear "zf" compatible...
Good Luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be buying from SuperShafts of Long Island NY tomorrow. He has a 4.56 R&P for the 9.25 "ZF" or AAM as he calls it. I am having a local guy here in buffalo do the swap but I am putting a stock MOPAR LSD and these 4.56 gears in mine.
When it is all done I will let you know how it goes...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Auburn is almost twice the price of the Mopar one off Moe's... So I decided against the upgrade.
The 4.56 gears I got are Nitro Gear... They are dual drilled to fit both new and old 9.25" axle.
FYI they also have 4.88 gears in their catalog...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sounds like it will be pretty sweet when finished.

Be aware, your present RFE transmission is only rated for 420 Ft lbs of torque so stomping on it will put a big strain on that transmission.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't see how upgrading the gears will be anything but easier on the transmission, Specially if he goes stomping on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me tell you what... This thing is a BEAST now. I don't even have to try and it moves, and the LSD makes it break sideways very nice. A could of 11s are in store for tonight:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's unlikely to be anything you did and problem of the installation. If it's whining something is not right, Could be a few things, I would get it checked now. Right now it may be fixable, go to long and it very well could become a real issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts