DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like in McKinney and would really like to hear a 4th Gen 1500 Ram with a Mufflex 14 and 18. I am in the market and have narrowed it down between the 2, but can't decide.

I do not want any in cab noise. I have done the loud trucks and straight pipes, but my wife and I are trying to start a family and I want a quiet cruising truck. I don't care if it's audible in the cab during acceleration, just not at cruising.

Anyway, I would be willing to travel 30-40 miles to hear someones truck. I would also like to go for a ride to hear it in all conditions. If yo have a CAI, that would be a bonus because that is on the mod list too.

I promise I'm not a serial killer or some kind of weirdo, I just want a better sounding truck that my soon to be family will not be annoyed with.

Thanks to anyone willing to help.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have done a 14 and the Y-pipe. You can hear it in the cab at all times except for highway cruising. It's not loud but you can hear it without the radio on. I'm in Wichita falls but will be coming to DFW soon. If you haven't decided by then I wouldn't mind showing you. Also remember when you first install them they are really quiet. I was dissapointed in mine untill about 800 miles through it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have the mufflex 14" on my truck but unfortunately don't live in TX for you to hear it. I will say I wanted mine louder so I took the resonator off as well. I have in-cab noise but only hear it when the radio is off. When the MDS kicks in it has a "drone" sound in the cab to and you can also feel it. I find that the noise of the exhaust helps put my niece to sleep. I guess it's just a matter of how loud is too loud and if your future kiddos find the sound relaxing. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have 18" magnaflo on my 2007 next time I get to Dallas I will let you know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts