DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!!

i am a first time truck owner and it happens to be an 03 ram 1500 3.7 with the 5 speed trans. ive had it for 4 months now and love it. i have already changed the exhaust by cutting before the muffler then running 2.5 inch from cat straight to end of cab with one bend to come out in front of passenger side bed with 3 inch tip. surprisingly sounds very good with an (ALMOST) V8 rumble till about 2500 rpm. now that ive cut out a few exhaust restrictions i think its time for a cold air intake (or similar) modification. just curious if i could pick a few brains and ask what i may need to acquire such as tubing, filter, and other components i will need along with dimensions. also if you have seen or done it how did it work for you? i would appreciate any feed back!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Technically the factory gives you a cold air intake stock. Its not really that restrictive. 99% of the Cold air intakes that claim to be CAI really suck in hot air and hurt performance in the long run.

There are plenty of aftermarket options. But i would strongly recommend getting one with an airbox or divider to shield the hot engine air. simliar to this....THIS IS WHERE YOU DONT WANT TO CHEAP OUT http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/air-fuel-delivery/part-type/air-intake-kits/make/dodge/model/ram-1500/engine-size/3-7l-226

1 - 3 of 3 Posts