DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I need some advise. I currently have a unknown lift on my 1500 quad cab 2wd. It is a 6" kit from what I have been told. There is no name on the lift. It looks to be the cradle, springs, spindles and blocks out back. I want to drop the truck. Im tired of wearing out my suspension parts and its hard to get the kids in and out. I do not have stock suspension. I have sold my 18's with the 35" trail grapplers. Until I get the truck lowered, I am using a set of stock 17's with 315/70/17, which I will be selling also. I now have stock 20's to apply. I am thinking of going with a moderate drop, possably 2/4-3/5. any suggestions on kits that include spindles and springs. I want to sell this lift kit also. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
If you want to be easy on the suspension components I would go with the 2/4 kit, it will likely leave the geometry close enough that it will not wear parts out prematurely.

·
Registered
621 Posts
A McGaughys 4/6 is spindles and springs in front and flip in the rear. Easy to do and aligns perfectly. I love the ride and for less than $700 its my fave.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. However, I am leaning towards the 2/4 kit due to the fact that I tow a trailer for my business. I am going to post the lift in the for sale section. Hopefully I can find some stock spindles soon so I can get started! Again, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I just got rid of my mud grapplers and "6 inch/5 true inch" lift kit is still on but coming off tomorrow. I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a 2/4 or if I wanted to put the front back to stock and level the rear.. I decided to do the stock with 2" rear level. Still will be a huge change from the 6/2 lift I have right now lol. Post up some before and after pics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For sure.. I just want a smoother ride and easier access to get the kids in and out. I read you other post, as for cutting thee springs, I would not reccomend that. Just spend the little extra and get the proper kit. Post some pics of yours also!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts