DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just looking for some help from my fellow ram ownerz an enthusiasts....
Is a throttle body worth its cost? headers? I don't necessarily want to race my truck i just want it to take off a little faster an sound a little better.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hello all. Just looking for some help from my fellow ram ownerz an enthusiasts....
Is a throttle body worth its cost? headers? I don't necessarily want to race my truck i just want it to take off a little faster an sound a little better.
Trade your 4.7 in for a 5.7.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Turbo it! It's really not as hard as it seems, just need to "flip" one of your manifolds foward and weld the flange on then route oil.

Naturally you need to get it tuned after the hardware in on it.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
The supercharger kits are well worth the money for how easy they make the conversion. and they have various stages too, from ust the supercharger/intercooler/associated parts, all the way up to internal engine rebuild kits for larger boost applications.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
I was looking at it from a cost standpoint to be honest......thanks for ganging up on me guys lol!
I mean sure he could just throw away what he has and get a new one. But he could also put in the effort to make what he has better.:gy:

·
Premium Member
32,678 Posts
Throttle Body & LSD for 2 wheel traction
maybe upgrade to a ZF 3.92 differential, if you can find one reasonably priced

don't buy the throttle body spacer, they only work on carburetors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts