DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
What kind of rear? I presume you're talking about the gear ratio.

It's kind of hard for me to believe that he "added an upgraded rear differential" IF it's a 4x4 (but I don't see any indication of that) because then he'd have had to change the front differential as well...not easily done on a "budget".

Check the rear differential cover to see if the tag is still on it and that will tell you the ratio. If not, You'll have to pull the rear cover and count the ring gear and the axle gears (either side will do). Then divide the larger number into the smaller number to give you the ratio.

Ewe.

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
...I'm sorry...but I got the impression you were talking about the rear ratio from your post and that you had established the spring issue and reserved it for a later date...

Gosh, I'm not really sure how to tell what kind or size springs the previous owner may have used especially since you had established that he cut the factory front and removed a leaf or two from the factory rear springs...I'd naturally presume that the springs are modified factory springs...

HOWEVER, if I did read the original post correctly...I've stated my position on that.

Ewe.

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
Springs or Rear?

Are you asking about the "kind" of rear or the kind of springs??

:stupidpeople:

I believe that the underlying issue here is clearly asked as to the REAR differential and that the member has out-rightly asked about the REAR differential and how to identify it. Is it that hard to identify what the member is asking.

How about a little reading and comprehension commitment.

Now if anyone wants to address the springs again how about this:

NO THE MODIFIED SPRINGS WILL NOT WORK. AT A MINIMUM THEY WILL HAVE TO BE RETURNED TO FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.