DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this posted in the recall section but I don't think many people gave it a look.

I think they need a recall for the recall. I just had my truck serviced for this recall and when I got the truck home I looked underneath and the plug, valve or whatever it's called on the differential cover was gone. So right now I'm waiting for the flat bed to tow the truck back to the dealer. Here are some pictures of the gaping hole on the diff cover. There are no threads on that hole so I'm assuming that there is supposed to be some sort of plug or pressure relief valve. I don't know wtf happened but whatever did shouldn't have.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just looked under mine and yeah, there is a big plug there.

Looks like your dealer just screwed up and didn't put the plug in.

It could be worse, I had a friend that went for an oil change and they told him it was done.
He made it about 100 yards before they realized they didn't put any oil in after draining it.
His truck was totalled....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had my recall done, they changed the cover. The new cover has a cheap rubber plug installed. No threaded plug , just a rubber plug. I hope it keeps water out.

·
Premium Member
32,601 Posts
the hole just is suppose to have a rubber or plastic push in plug in it
they went as cheap as possible to keep costs down

they should have made a cover with a threaded fill/inspection hole & a threaded drain hole w/ a threaded magnetic drain plug, but that would have cost them more.
it would look like this
http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-2/Chrysler-Dodge-Mopar-/Detail.bok

·
Registered
917 Posts
wow, thanks for warning us, I am still waiting on parts to perform the K36 recall from my local dealer. I will keep a eye on it after it get done. REP POINTS FOR THAT!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you for the warning, when/if my dealer gets the parts in i will be sure to look before i drive it off of the lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts