DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Running into the same issue... Again. Worst part is, the initial failure occurred at 8k miles after the truck was 14 months old... Now I'm at 19.5k miles, but 27 months later. So my 36mon/36k warranty is out and the parts replacement 24mon warranty is out. Taking it into the dealer tomorrow for them to take a look, but intermittent abs/traction control light and code C0020 general electrical failure. If that's the recommended solution I'll absolutely be filing a claim with ram. Anybody had 2 failures?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im happy to report that I was in contact with Teena from Ram Care FCA about my service ABS issue. She told me to make an appointment with my local Ram dealer and provide them with my appointment information. I did what she requested with little hope of them helping. I took my truck in the day of my appointment. Although they had my truck for three days I received a phone call from Teena who informed me that I would only have to pay $50 for the repair and FCA would pay the rest to have the ABS unit replaced. To say I was happy was an understatement, I figured I’d have to pay for it out of pocket. I suggest to anyone with this issue reach out to Ram Care first and make a claim.
They did something similar for me, but instead offered to cover 80% as a "goodwill" repair. I don't think this is the last time this will come up, but fingers crossed I can get the truck back the first of next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealership gave me 18884267076. If you look a couple posts above I had the same problem (2 failures). One at 8k and the other at 19.5k miles. I told them what was going on and they assigned a case manager who worked with the dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
$2000? That's insane if it's only pump motor control and abs module. I was quoted $600 (on my second failure) before ram customer service got involved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my way to work I had the same warning. I have a 2018 Ram 2500. Is it ok to operate the vehicle for a few days until I can get it serviced or do I need to park it?
In my experience, the truck has still been drivable with this problem. I would have it addressed as soon as possible though since shorts, ground faults, etc. aren't desirable for any electrical system. I haven't had the opportunity to open up one of the units because they've all been covered under warranty or ram customer service/ram dealer. So until somebody can open it up and do a failure analysis (saying one can be performed i.e. if it's not potted) I'd keep reaching out to customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts