DODGE RAM FORUM banner
201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 drw 3500 at 14,600 miles has done this intermittent flashing of brake service trouble with module replacement 2 times prior and guess what,? It's doing it again. This is a very serious issue that needs to be completely vetted. I hate to think my truck is a lemon but it is what it is. Anyone else having repeated occurrences of this issue?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've seen people claim that Ram is using the same exact part numbered parts as the replacement so I fully expect them to keep failing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a update on my issue. Had my service appointment Thursday the 16th the HCU was replaced and so far so good. The service writer who I was working with had called their representative and they agreed to cover the repair even though my warranty expired in August. RAM Cares also had started a case for me. I am thankful they honored a loyal customer by doing the right thing. Thank you RAM

·
Registered
390 Posts
My dealer called me on Friday and said that both the ABS module and the Hydraulic Control Unit had failed. They can get one of the parts quickly but the other part, Ram only allows each dealer to order one per week and they already had to order one for another truck. So now I have to wait until next week before they can even order the second part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am currently experiencing the same exact issue except my speedometer resets and even the gear shift knob flickers.... i first noticed randomly that my speedometer looked like it would recalibrate. but this only happened randomly once or twice before. then i found out how to duplicate it... i hit the lumbar down button on my seat... and it does it with fair regularity. press it down and hold it. and ive noticed my lumbar support is working intermittently now. i wonder if that switch is messing with an important ground? anybody ran into this???

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 3500 Limited, had failure repaired under warranty at less than 10k miles, replaced multiple components, worked fine for a couple of years, now is doing the ABS/TC fail warning disco light flash again. VERY unhappy with FCA for not dealing with this issue and coming up with a good fix - this is clearly a systematic issue and unacceptable that FCA has not addressed it thus far.
Went to the dealer, came home almost $4k poorer. I had a bunch of preventative maintenance done, but $1,000+ goes to the RAM dealer for the antilock brake issue and that puts me another $1,000+ away from ever purchasing another RAM vehicle. Twice the antilock system has failed me; as I previously noted, the first was under warranty at less than 10k, the second @ about 42k - and this time cost me a thousand bucks. How can this possibly be acceptable to FCA? Also had the high beam portion of the multifunction switch fail, resulting in no high beams - which is absolutely unacceptable because I always leave my headlights on auto-high beam mode, so the switch has almost never been used. So, how the hell it failed is beyond me, but the result is another $500 to the dealer on this maintenance visit and $500 further from ever buying another RAM.

Also am having recurring issue with back up camera crapping out - I found the problem, the ground (black) wire in the connector between the tailgate and bed is too short causing the pin to pull out of the connector, which now will not stay securely locked into the connector. It is an absolute shame that this otherwise wonderful/beautiful truck is marred with shtty quality control/parts. It's about time for me to get a new truck, see no reason for it to be a RAM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ramcares - Maybe you can help point me in the right direction on how best to get this resolved too...

I just joined so that I could add my truck to the list... I have a 2018 Ram 2500 Diesel with just under 40k miles.

A few weeks ago, I started getting the dreaded "Service Electronic Braking System" notification that flashes and beeps with the traction control light. It doesn't stay on all of the time but some times it just cycles on and off for the entire drive. Some times it doesn't even appear for a drive.

Over the holidays I was traveling so I didn't have time to bring it into the dealership... but yesterday I finally got it in so that they could take a look at it. (while doing an oil and fuel filter change)

Long story short, my advisor at the dealership knows that this is an ongoing issue however they said that my warranty is up and this isn't something that Chrysler will take care of. They then quoted me well over $1000 to get it fixed! After spending over $600 just to get oil and fuel filters done, I simply don't have the cash to burn for getting this safety "feature" sorted out too. The unfortunate thing is that I use my truck to tow my RV which I live in full time. So what are my options? The dealer said that the truck will still work fine if I can just ignore the beeping, not able to use cruise control, not have brake assist, etc... all of which seems to be high risk if I am towing my RV around the country.

Any help would be appreciated @ramcares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Ram 2500 HD with 27,000 miles. I have been having the same problems. I did get it into a dealer and they said I needed 2 parts . 1 sensor and 1 module. The problem is the module has been on backorder and they keep pushing the date back as to when the part may arrive from Chrysler. Very discouraging because we needed the truck to pull my travel trailer on a trip heading south this winter. We have had to cancel reservations until we know the parts make it to the dealer. And then we will have to schedule the work to be done. Who knows how fast that will be! I would be interested in joining a class action as to whether or not this should become a recall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 6.4L 2500. Same as everyone else in this thread. "Service Electronic Braking System" with ABS and traction control warning lights. I have an appointment this Monday at the dealer. I've already told them I want the HCU replaced, so as to avoid any BS diagnostic fees, etc. This post, probably like everyone else, is so I can enable the functionality to PM "RamCares". It seems that, so far, no one has gotten any satisfaction from them. They really need to step up and own this issue.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The dealer got mine in on December 17th and diagnosed a bad ABS module and HCU and they still have the truck. Been almost a month without the truck. They originally claimed that Ram would only let them order one of the units per week. Well, that's been almost 4 weeks ago now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2014-2018 ram 2500 u60 recall on the cruise control was a software flash that didn't fix the cruise control. Ram is being required to replace vehicles that. If your cruise control stuck on and you could not dissingage report it now if you had the u60 recall performed on your ram and still had problems with your cruise control call Ram customer support and make a report then call N.H.T.S.A and document your reports. If you were injured make sure to share that. A recall will be going out get your report in before that for injury you are entitled to the up coming class action lawsuit. If you need help with anything just comment

·
Registered
390 Posts
I called my dealer today to get an update and they say the ETA on the part is 1/21 but they weren't very reassuring that it would actually show up then. Today is one month that my truck has been sitting at the dealer. The dealer gave me the phone number for FCA Cares and they were essentially useless on getting anything done. This is getting slightly ridiculous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 6.4L 2500. Same as everyone else in this thread. "Service Electronic Braking System" with ABS and traction control warning lights. I have an appointment this Monday at the dealer. I've already told them I want the HCU replaced, so as to avoid any BS diagnostic fees, etc. This post, probably like everyone else, is so I can enable the functionality to PM "RamCares". It seems that, so far, no one has gotten any satisfaction from them. They really need to step up and own this issue.
UPDATE. . . took it in and the dealer diagnosed ABS module, which is on back order like everyone else has stated. After reading all of the posts, I noticed that the intermittent warning occurs when there is moisture/condensation - rain or car washes. A mechanic friend with his own shop ran the code and found "one repair through my software that a wire rubbed through against the plastic shielding over the ABS control unit". This sounds more like the issue than faulty ABS module. . . exposed wire. . .moisture. . . warning light doesn't stay on. Will update when possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Ram power wagon. It has 65029 miles. This just started. When it happens, my truck rpms go up and down and I have to stop, put the vehicle in park and shut off the engine. When I start, the issue is not there, although the service engine light remains. My cruise control still works. All the forums point me to you. What's to be done here?
[/QUOT]

I’m having the same issue and have to put my truck in park and back to drive to fix the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the same issue to service my electronic braking system. I have a 2017 1500 with about 56,000 miles. In the shop now but they’re saying that there are no parts in stock and may take months for it to come in smh

·
Registered
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie 4X4
2 Posts
Hello, Well seems like I'm getting the "Service Electronic Braking System and Service Antilock Braking System" Warning light myself! Not happy having something come up like this on my 2018 Ram 2500. Of course the warranty just ran out this past October! I only have 20,980 miles on the Truck! Loved my truck until this happened..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone looked into what it would take to start a class action law suit against Chrysler regarding this issue and there not being a recall?

201 - 220 of 220 Posts