DODGE RAM FORUM banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 RAM 1500 60,000 miles with this is. I took it to the dealership and they told me they cleaned a sensor, 80 miles later.. lights are back on. I think they definitely need to address this situation. Has anyone done the swap themselves?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 mega cab 3500 with the same Electronic Braking System and Service Antilock Braking System problem. I am as puzzled as everyone with this code, read so much on it that you think i would be an expert by no. Well, i had a friend tell me that its a dirty ABS sensor issue. So, i took a pressure washer and cleaned around my brake calipers, and sensor, let dry overnight and road tested it the next day. Drove 43 miles to work and back with no issues, i am on my third day and still nothing. it may be dumb luck but i went from having this error codes everyday to nothing now. Guys, its worth a try!
Was this a fix? Or temporary fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 SRT and have been getting the Service EBS and ABS for the past week. Will take it in tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 SRT and have been getting the Service EBS and ABS for the past week. Will take it in tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes.
I took it in. My code reader didnt pull up any codes but their code reader did. Failed ABS Module. Replacement cost including labor = $997

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue, worse on rough roads and when it's cold. It's always on when I start my truck in the morning then it will flash and flash and then it goes off so by the time I get to the scan tool at O'Reilly I can't pick up the code. I was able to nab it today see 0020 same as everybody else. I found this video

White Gadget Gauge Communication Device Speedometer
Font Magenta Brand Photo caption Event

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took it in. My code reader didnt pull up any codes but their code reader did. Failed ABS Module. Replacement cost including labor = $997
Mine did the same thing cruse control would also kick off They replaced the module in the steering column or in the dashboard can’t remember for sure but it cost me $1200 but fixed the problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
And add yet another one. Mine is a 2018 2500 CTD. Just went past 37,000 miles (of course). Took it in yesterday for the exact same issues, and I have it back today, $844 lighter in the wallet. They had the part in stock, which to me is kind of a warning sign. Anyway, 2 year warranty on it. Weird that it mostly seems to be either 2017 or 2018 HD trucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
18 Ram 2500 with 38,200 miles (2K out of warranty, doing the same thing! Anyone aware if they have determined it a recall issue yet? Seems like a lot of people having the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 ram 3500 with 35071 miles on it truck just sat for a year while I was deployed. Made one 700 mile trip since I’ve been back and this same issue just started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, We can definitely understand how this would be concerning! We apologize for our delayed response, however we are more than willing to assist in addressing this further for you alongside a dealer service. Please follow up with us via PM with your VIN should you require additional support throughout that process. Thank you!

Rob
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, We can definitely understand how this would be concerning! We apologize for our delayed response, however we are more than willing to assist in addressing this further for you alongside a dealer service. Please follow up with us via PM with your VIN should you require additional support throughout that process. Thank you!

Rob
Ram Cares

I have a 2016 Ram power wagon. It has 65029 miles. This just started. When it happens, my truck rpms go up and down and I have to stop, put the vehicle in park and shut off the engine. When I start, the issue is not there, although the service engine light remains. My cruise control still works. All the forums point me to you. What's to be done here?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Hello @rich_pekarsky,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns and would like to assist alongside your dealer! For us to review this matter better, please send our team a private message with your VIN to begin.

We look forward to hearing back!
Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello @rich_pekarsky,

We're sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns and would like to assist alongside your dealer! For us to review this matter better, please send our team a private message with your VIN to begin.

We look forward to hearing back!
Hannah
Ram Cares
Add me to the pile of unhappy Ram owners that this problem has affected. I own a 2017 Ram 1500 with 48K miles on it, was driving on the Interstate and the cruise shut off suddenly and error code "Service Electronic Braking System" came up on the dash. I am bringing it to the dealership tomorrow and I'm not prepared to shell out $1000 to have this issue resolved, this is unacceptable on many levels. This is the 4th Dodge 1500 I have owned in a row and have never had to deal with crap like this previously with any of the others. I drive a lot for my job and use the cruise control regularly so I am basically required to have this repair done to get my truck back to regular driving condition? That's messed up.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Add me to the pile of unhappy Ram owners that this problem has affected. I own a 2017 Ram 1500 with 48K miles on it, was driving on the Interstate and the cruise shut off suddenly and error code "Service Electronic Braking System" came up on the dash. I am bringing it to the dealership tomorrow and I'm not prepared to shell out $1000 to have this issue resolved, this is unacceptable on many levels. This is the 4th Dodge 1500 I have owned in a row and have never had to deal with crap like this previously with any of the others. I drive a lot for my job and use the cruise control regularly so I am basically required to have this repair done to get my truck back to regular driving condition? That's messed up.
We understand how frustrating this situation regarding your Service Electronic Brake System must be and are here to assist! Please send our team a private message with your VIN and servicing dealer so we can look into this matter further.

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if these warnings would cause the transmission to not act right?

I have a 2017 2500 which just had a new transmission put in. Two days after getting it back the ABS/EBS warning lights started blinking, then transmission started acting up again. I brought it back to the shop and they said the warning lights are causing the problems with the trans. Im bringing to a dealer in town to look at the warnings tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow looks like I found my culprit. Started having same issue. They can't get me in till the 29th of july in the afternoon. I asked the serv manager if it was dangerous they said no. I'm keeping extra distance. Man with these many people having this issue, it should be a recall to fix it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am dealing with the same thing. I have a 2018 3500. ABS light/traction warning intermittently keep coming on. I have 44k miles on it. Would this be covered under warranty?
Most likely not the basic "3/36" warranty, but the extended warranty would cover it (deductible may apply).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here in Canada…2016 1500 outdoorsman. Any advice for a Canadian on what I need to do? Bought it used from a ram dealership last year…about 100,000 kms (60,000 miles approximately?)

101 - 120 of 140 Posts