DODGE RAM FORUM banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings @17WhiteRam2500 & @SpurBrice,

Our team is sorry to hear that you are both experiencing similar vehicle concerns and would like to assist alongside your local Ram dealership. Please shoot a private message our way with your vehicle's mileage as well as some additional context regarding the nature of your concern for us to review. We hope to hear back soon.

Hannah
Ram Cares
Thanks Hannah. Will do

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well add me to the list! 2018 with 20,000miles and dash lights up too. Just jumped thru a bunch of hoops for the January recall of the front end and no follow up to the letter for the wheel studs. So disappointed and trusting Ram is doing the right thing to offset the costs of HHC and ABS mod

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ram care is there anything going to be done with this common issue. My 2017 2500 just started doing the same abs and electric braking messages

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Ram 2500 with 22,000 miles just started doing the same thing. Noticed the brakes seemed to be dragging as the truck was spinning the rear tires trying to drive across my lawn. After pulling into the road it seemed fine. I droved about four miles and the warning started rapidly flashing on and off.
This went on for a few minutes and then stopped.
I would need to take a day off work to bring it to a dealer, and if it isn't covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, then I suppose I'm going to have to fix it myself. With the large numbers of owners reporting this I would think Ram would step up and take care of the issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well you can add my 2016 55000 mile 1500 Bighorn Hemi 2 Wheel Drive to the list. Wasn't even driving when it happened. Went out, started truck and there it was ABS, Traction Control and Break lights all on and EVIC alternating between Service ABS System and Service Electronic Brakes messages. Cleared all with my Autel scanner but all returned as soon as started to drive. Am still within 60K mile powertrain warranty and have Certified Preowned Powertrain Warranty to 100K but apparently neither cover ABS.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hello @Dg60ford and @DWJ624

We're sorry to hear that you are both experiencing these concerns and would like to assist alongside your dealer! Please send us a private message with your VIN as well as some additional context regarding your vehicle concern for us to review.

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 ram 2500 getting the issue fixed today. Same problem as all the other posts. It will cost us $900 to get the hydraulic control unit replaced. The ram dealer working on our truck even said this has become a common problem. We will be keeping our paperwork and receipt and handing it to our lawyer to see what can be done. We loved our RAM, but this has put a bad taste in our mouth. Why hasn’t this been recalled yet? Maybe a class action will help get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello @Dg60ford and @DWJ624

We're sorry to hear that you are both experiencing these concerns and would like to assist alongside your dealer! Please send us a private message with your VIN as well as some additional context regarding your vehicle concern for us to review.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Don't bother with Ram Cares. Here is the response I just received:

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care.

I am sorry to learn you are having concerns with your vehicle and I do understand the frustration this may cause.

I have looked into this for you and unfortunately, since this is not a Recall on your vehicle or an Extended Warranty, it will be customer pay as the Warranty on your vehicle has expired. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by calling us at 866-726-4636.

Best Regards,

Jacklyn
Ram Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well JohnAC at least you got a response albeit an expected and anticipated response.
I responded to Ram Cares with vin and other info as requested and have not received any response, not even the expected one that you received.
Ram Cares???

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hello @DWJ624,

We have responded to your private messages and encourage you to continue our conversation there!

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well here's another one. Will be contacting the dealer soon. Not very happy with this as I have only had this truck about 2 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if it will help. Check blue 20A fuse F29 for trailer lights. My truck blows this fuse ever time I connect the fifth wheel camper. I have had this issue every time it blows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally got an appointment with my dealer to let them try and solve this intermittent problem. The EVIC display showed Service Antilock Braking System and alternated to Service Electronic Brake System. It would constantly bing and display the ABS light and the Traction Control light. I made an appointment with our local Ram dealer for 7am and when I dropped it off gave them the following “Love Note”.

2017 Ram Display Brake Error = Service Electronic Braking System and Service Antilock Braking System

See the 3 minute video at

I also showed the service rep the vid on my phone.

The video was made on I-45 just north of the Woodlands, Texas.

It seems to happen more often on rough road but had the error on smooth part of highway.

When it happens, the Cruise Control shuts down and the truck icon in the Navigation stops moving on the map.

When they called me to pick the truck up, below was on the print out……

Cause: has code c0020-01, hcu is short to ground on motor and took out abs module

Replaced: 68437098AB Module Anti Lock Brake System

Replaced: 68143491AA Control Anti Lock Brake System

Replaced hcu and abs module, test drove and everything is working properly

They also noted that they did the Recall V44 Tailgate Latch

When I drove the 3500 home the 20+ miles (4 miles on rough road), the problem did not reoccur.I guess we'll see.....

After a few days, it all seems well. I'll have to say that I've never had a bad experience at any dealer and this one was very well handled.
Just had this happen today. Was driving down the highway with my cruise control on and out of the blue my left front brake locked up and gave me those same two service messages.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Greetings @murph1833, @Kylebk28, and @api510

We're sorry to hear that you all are facing similar vehicle concerns and would like to look into this matter further alongside your dealers. If interested, please send us your vehicle's mileage as well as some additional context regarding the nature of your concerns via private message.

We hope to hear back soon!
Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
This must be a joke…. Look how many people have had issues with this. I encourage you all to go to Nhtsa.gov to see even more complaints about this problem. Be sure to report your issue as well. Something needs to be done about this. Sadly, someone will have to lose their life before it is addressed. We forked out 1,000 to get the hydraulic control unit fixed. Even the dealerships are saying how this is such a common issue.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Greetings @SPCJennings!

If you decide to confer with your dealer on this vehicle concern let us know via private message as we would love to assist.

Hannah
Ram Cares

141 - 160 of 178 Posts