DODGE RAM FORUM banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 2500 and it’s doing the same thing. After reading this thread, It’s crazy to me how this hasn’t been put in a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I have a 2018 2500 also and now I’m having these problem but I’m over the warranty. I’m an army trained mechanic was gonna do myself but the parts are all back order and it’s not a recall which blows my mind and puts a bad taste in my mouth with ram..

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far neither Ramcares or my dealer can tell me if the 3 year or 36,000 warranty covers this issue. My truck has 21,000 miles on it and was purchased new in March of 2019.
I can't afford to take a day off work to bring it to the dealer only to find out it won't be covered under warranty. It would be cheaper for me to just buy the parts and replace them myself.
And the warning is random, so unless it is currently giving the warning my dealer can't do anything.

I'm reluctant to leave it there to drive anyhow. I took it in for the steering recall, and it was being driven around town by the techs as a stick shift training vehicle when I went to pick it up. Apparently none of them knew how to drive a manual transmission and were using my brand new truck to learn.
Second time in, they told me they would need it all day to diagnose a cracked cab light that had been overtightened from the factory.
Needless to say I don't feel comfortable leaving a truck that took me ten years to save up for and buy at the dealer.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hello @James Reid and @MMarcy,

If you decide to work with your dealer, do let us know via private message. Our team is more than willing to offer our support for an added layer of communication between you and your dealer. Let us know what you decide! We're always here to help.

Also, we understand your frustrations @Dg60ford and would love to look into this once a dealer appointment has been scheduled.

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 3500 Limited, had failure repaired under warranty at less than 10k miles, replaced multiple components, worked fine for a couple of years, now is doing the ABS/TC fail warning disco light flash again. VERY unhappy with FCA for not dealing with this issue and coming up with a good fix - this is clearly a systematic issue and unacceptable that FCA has not addressed it thus far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 2500 Cummins. Problem started at 33k miles. Currently at 53k. Oddly, when I hook up the big trailer (2000 plus pound pin weight gn) the problem goes away. Sometimes. Sometimes it's off till I hit a bump. Sometimes it doesn't matter if I'm hooked up. Sometimes it dings constantly. Sometimes I can get it to stop by cycling the ignition.

Messy....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue. 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L with 53,000 miles. Service Electronic Braking System light has come on. It happened on a northern road trip this weekend. Cruise control and traction control won't work now. Will be making a appointment with the dealer today.

·
Registered
2018 Power Wagon, Muffler Delete, Rigid Reverse LED's
6 Posts
2018 Power Wagon just started the same issue with 40k miles of course....

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Greetings @Yinger64, @sully140, and @Etmoff02

Our team is sorry to hear that you all are experiencing similar concerns and would love to help in tandem with a dealer appointment. Just shoot us a private message to start a conversation with us!

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 2500 has started doing same thing driving me to the internet to find you all. I still have a few months warranty. Off to the dealership I go. Thanks.
Update: Took truck to dealer. Code C0020 set. Replaced 68143491AA Control: Anti-Lock Brake Sys. Plus 60 oz. brake fluid. Drove 500 miles. No issues. Covered under warranty.
From the AA at end of part number tells me that they put in same as removed, and there is no updated part yet. So may happen again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
17’ 2500 with 55,000 miles. All of a sudden the service ABS and traction control kept going on and off. After reading this thread and seeing how much the dealerships are charging I tried the power washer on all four brakes. Lots of brake dust knocked off. Then pushed all of my fuses to make sure everything was seated right. Gave it a crank and warning lights are gone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Ram Laramie 1500 started displaying this error today. Is this a recall item? I have just under 18000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased this truck, I am getting the same brake controller issues. I have an appointment with kings ford at kings auto mall Tuesday the 26th. I refuse to pay 1000 dollars for a known safety issue. I would have thought that dodge would have stepped up by now to take care of its customers and issue a recall.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hello @gottammo!

Our team is sorry to hear about and understands your dissatisfaction towards your service electronic braking system. We would like to offer our support in combination with your local Ram dealership. Shoot us a private message with your VIN as well as any additional details regarding your vehicle concern to get started.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Reactions: 14vern

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings @Yinger64, @sully140, and @Etmoff02

Our team is sorry to hear that you all are experiencing similar concerns and would love to help in tandem with a dealer appointment. Just shoot us a private message to start a conversation with us!

Hannah
Ram Cares
Hello @gottammo!

Our team is sorry to hear about and understands your dissatisfaction towards your service electronic braking system. We would like to offer our support in combination with your local Ram dealership. Shoot us a private message with your VIN as well as any additional details regarding your vehicle concern to get started.

Hannah
Ram Cares
Here is the VIN of my vehicle that you requested 3C6UR5HJ8JG308054

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well its happened to me. 46k miles 2018 2500 4x4 6.7. Ran my alfaobd and indicated a DTC C0020-01. Took it to the dealer and was quoted around 1700 bucks to fix. 😲😲😳. This is insane for a known problem. Reported this to the NTSB. We should not be paying for repairs for these systems to be failing like this. We get a fair amount of road icing in Oklahoma during the winter and makes this heavy truck dangerous to other drivers and such.

Im going to order the HCU and do this myself. This is retarded Ram. After 3 Rams, this may be my last one. Fix your crap.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts