DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 09 Ram used back this last April. I just hit the 36k mark so my bumper-to-bumper is gone. I know the 09's came with the lifetime power train warranty from the factory, but I have heard that this does not extend past the first owner. If this is true, do I at least get a 5yr/100k power train warranty?

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,095 Posts
You are correct in that the life time power train warranty is non-transferable, one more reason for me to hold on to my truck lol, and I don't believe the 5/100 applies except but to new vehicles. Might be time to look into other warranty options. I bought the Chrysler life time Max Care warranty and have no complaints. :)

- Cajun

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I have heard, that Dodge can give your vehicle a COMPLETE check up & allow you to buy an extended warranty, if it passes
I don't remember where i read it

this sort of explains it
http://www.autoprotection.com/factory/Dodge/

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
i'm in canada, my 2009 came with the 5 years/100k warranty,.. no lifetime for me,.. :(

i just fhit the 36000k sldo ,..

so i did not know that we could buy a extended warranty, how much would that be??

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
If you purchased it used, the lifetime warranty does not apply. However, you can have the dealer check it out and if it passes inspection you can purchase the MaxCare Liftetime warranty. I did that, but it was a condition of the sale at the dealer I bought it from. I was NOT buying unless I got that warranty.

Now watch me never need it. :LOL:

·
Administrator
54,095 Posts
I didn't know you had to have it inspected in order to get that warranty. I bought my Max Care after my factory warranty expired and I didn't have to get my truck inspected? :4-dontknow: The only inspection I have to have is year 5 of ownership to keep up the lifetime power train warranty.

- Cajun

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I didn't know you had to have it inspected in order to get that warranty. I bought my Max Care after my factory warranty expired and I didn't have to get my truck inspected? :4-dontknow: The only inspection I have to have is year 5 of ownership to keep up the lifetime power train warranty.

- Cajun
how muck did that cost you

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
how much i meant

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts

- Cajun
Did you buy new? If so thats why. Those of us that have not owned the vehicle since it was new, have to be inspected when we apply.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the lifetime Max Care warranty the same as the lifetime power train warranty? I was never told this was an option and I bought mine from a Dodge dealer.

·
Administrator
54,095 Posts
how much i meant
$1,246 with interest free financing for 2 years. Was a pita to cancel the warranty I bought with my truck but well worth it in the end.

Did you buy new? If so thats why. Those of us that have not owned the vehicle since it was new, have to be inspected when we apply.
Gotcha, and yes, I bought new, that explains it, thanks!

Is the lifetime Max Care warranty the same as the lifetime power train warranty? I was never told this was an option and I bought mine from a Dodge dealer.
No, they are different. The lifetime power train warranty was offered through the '09 model year from the factory whereas the Max Care warranty is what you purchase as your extended warranty. So for me, I have the life time power train warranty from Dodge and the Max Care warranty, which I purchased separately.

- Cajun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts