DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ram 2014 that has been into service for a bad solenoid pack in the transmission. I believe code P0750 with the truck in limp mode. First time fixed and issue came back so back it went. Now they tried bypassing the wire with a new one to see if that fixed it and according to the adviser it did not. Now they want almost a grand to get a new pcm and install. Should the pcm be covered under the powertrain warranty? Unfortunately the dealer I’ve been dealing with has been subpar when it comes to communication and I’ve been having to call or physically walk in to get any kind of updates from them. Frustrated at this point.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Sounds for me like: hey- we have absolutely no idea, what we're doing, but we replace some sh*** till it works.

1. Go to another dealer and get a second opinion.
2. Warranty on your truck is 60 months and/or 1000000 miles. When is the time up? When did you buy your truck?
3. If you can't get through with your dealer, contact Chrysler Customer Care.
4. IF your truck is still under Power Train Warranty, the TCU is covered. ( I do believe, the PCM has nothing to do with it).

Can't say more, as we do not know everything and the dealer is obviously unable to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
wjat Guy65 said.
go find someone who can actually diagnose and not just hang parts, at your expense.

Reactions: jev425

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the powertrain warranty is up this November. I ended up calling customer car yesterday and got a case number.

They said they need the "notes" from the dealer and they tried to call them but nobody picked up(can never get a hold of this place). I was finally able to get through to my service adviser and I told him what was going on. He said he did not need my case number that they could see all that info on their computers and he would have the tech send over their notes.

Fast forward to today, I called back customer care and they have received nothing. I brought up the situation with the person at customer care and now they are basically stuck on that the PCM will be out of pocket since its only under basic warranty.

Shouldnt this be under powertrain or even the federal emissions warranty which is I believe 8 years or 80k miles?

Not really sure what to do at this point. Maybe pay up just to get the truck out of there? What if its not the PCM? Not really sure where to go from here

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Get your truck- if necessary, towed to another dealer. This dealer would not touch my truck for nothing anymore. I left other dealers for less. The dealer situation is that bad, that I have just 3 more dealers left to go, till I run out- I hope there is at least 1 out of there for me, who can do, what I pay him for.
The PCM supposed to be under power train warranty, as it is part of the power train. I don't know, who told you, that it's not- if it was the dealer, I would not give a rip about it. I would also call customer care back and ask for the supervisor. Be patient, nice and reasonable- they have customers yell at them all day long- if you don't, you peak out and they're very likely helping you.
Another thing I would do: go online- you don't believe, how much impact google and yelp reviews have- I got some pretty good results after some honest reviews. Especially, when others see it and give you thumbs up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up calling the dealer and making sure the truck was all back together. I’ve arranged to get it towed to a different dealer tomorrow.

The customer care person I talked to on the phone straight up told me the pcm is only covered under the basic warranty. I know better and know that the powertrain covers it and read up on the warranty and it also falls under the emission warranty like stated above.

Hopefully this new dealer is able to figure something out. I will have to print out sections of the warranty to have on hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts